"A dream of a nightmare" Giant Landbased 14ft Hammerhead Caught and Released!

2»

Replies

• CoolisimoCoolisimo Posts: 190 Deckhand
    That is some awesome footage! Congrats on a true trophy!
    Carpe Diem!
  • Spear'em!Spear'em! Posts: 177 Officer
    Great catch guys! Any beach in dade or broward county will work this time of year. Up farther north I think certain areas work better than others. Many huge hammers in the 1000lb range were caught off the south beach pier back in the day. One of my old room mates from 20 years back was out there all the time back then. Just gotta put the time in. Nothing like seeing one of these monsters chase your kite baits around this time of year. That is unless your your in a tourney.

Nice job on the quick release.
  • GotBass?GotBass? Posts: 202 Deckhand
    Nice Job Fellas!!! Looks Like Fun! That thing is a beast for sure!!!!
  • ultraplayer26ultraplayer26 Posts: 814 Officer
    Awesome dude. Thats so much fun. If people only knew how long it takes prepareness wise to go out there to catch one of these monsters. It truly is a art.
  • Catch-N-RunCatch-N-Run Posts: 178 Officer
    you guys are crazy! i would never go near that thing lol
  • maddoxrjmaddoxrj Posts: 113 Officer
    Very, very nice report and video. I almost feel as if I were there with you. Nothing wrong with fishing for sharks in the manner you guys did it. You treated it with respect and I'm sure he is out there swimming around right now. Thanks for the fine report and congats to you.
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 7,939 Admiral
    awesome catch of a lifetime...nice to see kids doing what kids should be doing nice work
2»