Home Photography Corner

Some Fun Photos From This Past Weekend

MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
Previously posted in NE Forum.

=========================================================================

Trying out the new Bimini on the RIB that one of the NE Forum guys put on for me.

Some visitors.

Filet Mignon dinner on board!

Fort George River Sand bar.

Erben Renewal at anchor off Kingsley Plantation. Nice couple from Panama City. They had just completed the Great Loop and were on their way slowly to Canada.

Destroyer "The Sullivans" in dry dock for a refit.

Running ahead to the marina.
Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.

Replies

• lbudlbud Posts: 1,014 Officer
    Love Alamos Malbec! you not so much...............
    Live while You're breathing! It's Your only chance.....:grin
  • sparse greysparse grey Posts: 1,751 Captain
    We have an Urban Renewal down here also. He is a neighbor. Tom Urban 29' cat. Enjoyed the pics BTW.
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.
  • SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
    lbud wrote: »
    Love Alamos Malbec! you not so much...............

Check out the Kirkland Brand Malbec. A little cheaper and a lot better on my palate.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    Check out the Kirkland Brand Malbec. A little cheaper and a lot better on my palate.

Kirkland! :rotflmao Now we know where you shop! :rotflmao
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Kirkland! :rotflmao Now we know where you shop! :rotflmao

Actually, Kirkland is the Costco brand. We were looking at the Costco wines a few week's ago. As with most Costco products you tend to see higher priced products, but with higher quality. They do have their own wine label. The guy came up to us as we were looking at some Malbecs and suggested we try the Kirkland label. We bought a couple of bottles. It wasn't bad at all. Not our favorite by any means, but not bad.
  • SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
    Menzies wrote: »
    We bought a couple of bottles. It wasn't bad at all. Not our favorite by any means, but not bad.

Hard to beat for the price.
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,396 Admiral
    That's it! I'm getting some of that "Malbec"....yea...I had to google it to find out what it was. Now I'm sold.
    I will report back Monday.
    Oh yea....looks like a fun weekend....But there is one thing missing. No fishing poles....What is up with that?
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    That's it! I'm getting some of that "Malbec"....yea...I had to google it to find out what it was. Now I'm sold.
    I will report back Monday.
    Oh yea....looks like a fun weekend....But there is one thing missing. No fishing poles....What is up with that?

I have three sets of light tackle on the big boat and use them every time we are at anchor. I also run up Simpson's Creek and along the edges of the river when I am up there. Everything I catch goes back in though. We provision for the weekend and don't need the meat.

We were down in the Municipal Marina this past weekend and I decided to wet a line off the dock on Saturday afternoon to be told that they would rather I didn't fish off the marina but had to be on my boat to fish! Seems they want to discourage people seeing marina residents fishing off the dock and thinking they can wander down there and do the same. But if they see us fishing from our boats it is a different matter!