Home Egret Boats

2014 Egret - 24' Bayboat or 34' Center Console

Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
If you owned Egret Boat Company would you continue to grow the line with a 24' bayboat or 34' center console and why?

Replies

• FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,390 Officer
    I would look at what is selling across the board in the industry. I would do the research of the past trends say from 2005 till now and what the current market wants and will bare!

Just look at what has happened since the introduction of the Egret 2011. It has been selling very steady and has been well accepted. It will and may continue to outsell the 18 especially with the Moccasin line introduced now will see!

Then put that info into a business formula and proceed forward!
    The boat business is allot like the music industry!
    If you new what would be the next best selling hit song I would right one every day!:cool:
  • camgcicamgci Posts: 190 Deckhand
    I would go with the bay boat. I know quite a few people moving up (that I never thought they would) from flats boats to be able to expand their areas to fish. Besides, 34' boats are extremly expensive to develop and there is a lot of big name compitition.
  • mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
    Hey Pete ! You twisting Franks arm...lol. Put me down for the 24' for a little offshore boating and fishing.
  • gumgatorgumgator Posts: 124 Officer
    An Egret 25 would be a best seller and a pretty easy development for Frank. He already has the leaning post from the 306, just stretch the 20, widen it to 8'10", use the leaning post he already uses and he has a nice 25' bay boat. He could also go the Gause/Shaeffer route, and shrink the 29 Egret a couple feet. Either way he would have a winner.
    a733be5f-c7db-41a8-912c-98a88c9a32ca.jpg
  • rocketman1rocketman1 Posts: 187 Deckhand
    Yes sir. I like the sound of an Egret 25 too.
    Need more pics of the 21 Moccasins though, especially inside all of the boxes.
    I believe that someone posted here previously owned a YF 24 and now owns a 21 Moccasin, so some color on the pros / cons on those 2 boats would be good to hear / see.
    I have a 2013 YF 24 (300 Yam 85hrs) and looking for my next ride - the 21 Moccasin could be it.
    NO HABITAT = NO FISH
  • reelgrimmreelgrimm MiamiPosts: 458 Deckhand
    Let's all grab a 21 moc first :)
    My Youtube Channel
    Boat: 2015 25' Competition Single 300 Yamaha
    Latest Fishing Report - Snook on the Beach

• BluebirdBluebird Posts: 126 Officer
    put me down for a 24-25 footer
  • Flatwater witchFlatwater witch Posts: 606 Officer
    camgci wrote: »
    I would go with the bay boat. I know quite a few people moving up (that I never thought they would) from flats boats to be able to expand their areas to fish. Besides, 34' boats are extremly expensive to develop and there is a lot of big name compitition.
    x2

Bay boats are family friendly.It's not like you can take-some-of the kids.They all want to go.
    With the Moccasin line the price point is driven down to encourage volume.
    Renagade69 wrote: »
    Either you are mechanically inclined ore your not. The fact you had to ask told me that you can not do it. Its ok, not every one has this ability. Some people just have to pay.
  • mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
    x2

Bay boats are family friendly.It's not like you can take-some-of the kids.They all want to go.
    With the Moccasin line the price point is driven down to encourage volume.

I just met and had a nice talk with Tom Gordon who is building a new 24’ Bay boat. He told me that you can see the boat on Facebook which I have not done yet.
    mtd885 wrote: »
    I just met and had a nice talk with Tom Gordon who is building a new 24’ Bay boat. He told me that you can see the boat on Facebook which I have not done yet.

Nothing new there just a repackaged Lake N Bay 24 called the Morada 24 with a higher price tag and finish!
  • ASBASB Posts: 32 Deckhand
    How about a 24 or 17/18ft skinny water poling skiff?
  • Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
    If I owned Egret I would do the 34. The prophet margin is higher on that boat but I want to see the 24 get done one day.
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
  • Pathfinder22Pathfinder22 Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    Nothing new there just a repackaged Lake N Bay 24 called the Morada 24 with a higher price tag and finish!

That's pretty ballsy right there...but all-to-expected from the Egret clan. And I'm one of the biggest Egret Boat fans...so just say'n.

While his new bay boats are based on L&B molds he acquired...you are COMPLETELY INCORRECT w/ comment of 'nothing new...' The finished product will speak for itself.

FWIW - anyone who know boats/boat building, knows Tom Gordon is BY FAR one of the best guys with both boat design and boat building. His efforts w/ the Marquesa speak for themself.
    FL Cracker - Broward County born & bred :wink
    My Botes:
    '07 18 Lostmen (hull #10), Honda 50 carb'ed, Ramlin trlr~8.5mpg
    '03 22 Pathfinder (hull #336), 200 HPDI/VMAX/2.6L, Loadmaster trlr ~3.5mpg
    Family Botes:
    '03 2550 Bluewater, twin 150 HPDI's on Loadmaster trlr~300+ mi range
    '10 Hurricane FunDeck 226F-OB, F115, 8' Powerpole
    That's pretty ballsy right there...but all-to-expected from the Egret clan. And I'm one of the biggest Egret Boat fans...so just say'n.

While his new bay boats are based on L&B molds he acquired...you are COMPLETELY INCORRECT w/ comment of 'nothing new...' The finished product will speak for itself.

FWIW - anyone who know boats/boat building, knows Tom Gordon is BY FAR one of the best guys with both boat design and boat building. His efforts w/ the Marquesa speak for themself.

Not really ballsy but the truth! Tom went threw made some changes to the deck layouts and corrected any inconsistency in the running surfaces with new molds and is building them with higher end materials and coring the hulls to reduce the weight. Not taking anything away from his quality work or reputation of what he has done in the past or present. Also from what I understand he is farming out the all the fiberglass work to 3rd party vendors and just rigging them and not doing it in house overseeing all the lamination!
  • rocketman1rocketman1 Posts: 187 Deckhand
    Tom Gordon actually spent a significant chuck of change cleaning up the hull mold, reworking decks and hatches and built an all new console. Removed 450 lbs from the 24 build with current build technology. Strictly top of the line resins and materials - wiring, plumbing, rigging is pristine. The 3 stern wells boxes have 1 inch foam insulation. The 24 comes standard with many things that are options elsewhere, like a full LED package for all boxes, wells, cockpit and underwater LEDs, 108 gal epoxy coated fuel tank. We all like cool toys, so no gripes here.

Just sharing info. And I do admire the Egret boats.

I have a 22 Morada / 300 Yam rig ordered and my brother has a 24 ordered. My previous boats were 3 YFs and 3 SWs before that. Y'all take care and have fun.
    NO HABITAT = NO FISH
  • Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
    rocketman1 wrote: »
    Tom Gordon actually spent a significant chuck of change cleaning up the hull mold, reworking decks and hatches and built an all new console. Removed 450 lbs from the 24 build with current build technology. Strictly top of the line resins and materials - wiring, plumbing, rigging is pristine. The 3 stern wells boxes have 1 inch foam insulation. The 24 comes standard with many things that are options elsewhere, like a full LED package for all boxes, wells, cockpit and underwater LEDs, 108 gal epoxy coated fuel tank. We all like cool toys, so no gripes here.

I have a 22 Morada / 300 Yam rig ordered and my brother has a 24 ordered. My previous boats were 3 YFs and 3 SWs before that. Y'all take care and have fun.

Post some pictures when you get them . Love to see what they look like.
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
    The Morada 22 should be a great boat with the step hull and all of Tom's changes made!
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    rocketman1 wrote: »

What's did you pay for your boat? Or what would be the average price on a nicely rigged one? Thanks... Pete
    What's did you pay for your boat? Or what would be the average price on a nicely rigged one? Thanks... Pete

10257038_497443063712551_8214482312663382297_n_zpsb3a8bb8a.jpg

Prices include one 8 foot power pole!