Custom Rod With Microwave Guides

This is my second build. This rod is for my Penn Conflict 2500 size . Blank: Bushido Warrior Rod Blanks , Microwave Guides , Fuji Gunsomke Reel Seat , Snook decal, and Split grip cork (2 tone ) . Every thing bought from mudhole . PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK AND COMMENTS.

Thanks Tight lines :fishing
Native WaterCraft Redfish 14

Replies

• TheonethatgotawayTheonethatgotaway Posts: 93 Deckhand
    Wow that looks really good. Keep up the good work.
  • Brandon561Brandon561 Posts: 230 Officer
    looks like ***** balls! lol im kidding, still cant wrap though.
    Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120 A.K.A Reel Nauti
  • ASaltWeaponASaltWeapon Posts: 52 Greenhorn
    Do the microwave guides actually make it cast farther??
    the brave may not live forever, but the cowards never live at all!
  • a-salt-weapona-salt-weapon Posts: 204 Deckhand

Not that I've noticed. Effort to cast is less than a regular guide train. I've only built a few upon request and just test casted them a bunch.
  • jaredman1000jaredman1000 Posts: 196 Officer
    I feel like they do help alttle . i maybe get like 10-20 yards compared to the guys not using them . also i you really want to buy some they work great for topwaters .
    Native WaterCraft Redfish 14
  • rysherrysher Posts: 380 Deckhand
    microwave doesnt make you cast any further, we have tested and exprimented with these set-up on the same blank, same location of the reel seat, same reel, same length blank against an NGC
    a microwave set-up has no leg up over a properly set up NGC.
    basically alot of hack builders set up NGC wrong especially if they dont understand the concept compared to microwave where they tell you where to put the stripper and guide locations.
    if you're starting out, pay the premium and go with microwave, you cant go wrong. however, reel seizes that works on microwave is limited.