Crystal River 3/30 Windy!

It was my birthday earlier in the week so the weekend was considered my birthday weekend so we had to fish. Got a cheap dart board the night before and played for like 6 hours :rotflmao My dad got a little drunk after 11 or so and it got more an more interesting. Surprisingly the next day he doesn't remember a thing and is perfectly fine and ready to fish so off we went. So freakin windy and got rough couldn't make it the the discharge it was so windy, hide behind the intake channel for a little to think of what to do while we trolled with no luck. Hit the humps for a few minutes and picked up some silver trout on shrimp. Then hid from the wind by the beach an salt river picking up some sea trout and mackeral. Got bored and headed to st martins channel outside the island and couldn't get away from the ladyfish. Jake only used mirrodines and I used them a little to get the trout and mackeral then got some ladyfish on topwater before going back to mirrodines. My dad only used weightless jerk worms like he does every time like he's bass fishing. First trip with the go pro missed the video of my trout but got a little of a couple of my dads. Water temp dropped to like 63 in most parts and got to 66 later on. Its hard to plan a trip with wind when we can't go skinny like some people and hide from it. Still had fun tho

Here's the Video

http://youtu.be/jq52j05ZYyI

Replies

• RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,531 Captain
    You got out and caught fish...
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,475 Officer
    Toughed it out and caught some nice fish.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,679 Moderator
    Redbonz wrote: »
    You got out and caught fish...

"You'll get your weather"
  • davidk5316davidk5316 Posts: 417 Officer
    Looks like a nice reward for the day. Some of us were not brave enough to fight the wind.

Good job out there!!!
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 9,311 Admiral
    Boat must run skinny if you made it from the beach to St. Martins..

Nice fishing though.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • anglerbros 7286anglerbros 7286 Crystal RiverPosts: 621 Officer
    ANUMBER1 wrote: »
    Boat must run skinny if you made it from the beach to St. Martins..

Nice fishing though.

Found a route that never went less than 3-4 foot just had to cut threw sandbars carefully, and tide was fairly high then it got risky once we got over there.
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    Good lookin trout.
  • Landlocked_Landlocked_ Posts: 590 Officer
    Way to battle the elements, and get a few. We couldn't get past the jacks Monday. Going to give it a go again today