Late report. Thursday 3/27 Crystal River

With all the reports of snook being caught, I grabbed the kids and headed south. For me anyway. lol Was also hoping to see some poons rolling but it is a bit early still. Got the boat in the water around 7 and headed out. Did not take long for me to find a snook. With in 20 minutes of fishing I had a good one buttoned up. Got it to the boat and measured him at 34 inches. Fished this area for about 45 more minutes with out a hit and decided to move to one of my redfish holes down that way. With the over cast conditions and the large amount of rocks in this spot, I tied on skitter walks for all three of us. My first cast, I get blasted. Same for Josh. but neither button up. We fished this rock pile for about an hour. I missed about 10 fish and boated 3, Josh missed about the same but had a bull red sky rocket on him. Fish was around 15 pounds. Unfortunately I think he saw us when he was 3 feet in the air. Jacob had about the same as us but did manage to boat one. With the tide now getting higher the bite shut down here. Time to move to another red hole. Was hoping the whole time to find another snook. Got to this spot and it was about like the other. Boated 4 or 5 reds and missed about 15. That's how topwater fishing goes. Still the most fun way to fish.

I do like the view from up here

I even caught a few from up top. And Rodney, I made Josh land my fish, Hand me my fish, Take a pic of my fish, Un-hook my fish, and put it in the box. Never came down.

The reason I drove an extra hour.

Replies

• Scott CrownScott Crown Posts: 661 Officer
    Oh and on a sad note. At some point in the day I dropped a cylinder. Boat is in the shop.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,681 Moderator
    Super day , super snook ! WTG Scott.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    Gonna need to install a recliner up on that platform before long. Nice and comfy. Great report Scotty.
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,531 Captain
    Hate to hear about your motor.
    I would rather catch a few less fish to see them blow up on topwater, just don't get much better than that....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • Fishin RodFishin Rod Posts: 2,620 Captain
    Now you're doing it right Scott, let them boys do the work....... Lightnin' & I had that same kinda luck last weekend, we probably had 10 blowups on topwater to every one hook up. It's hard on an old mans heart but still the most exciting way to catch fish.
    "Be what you is"....... Isaiah Minter
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,475 Officer
    ouch
    Oh and on a sad note. At some point in the day I dropped a cylinder. Boat is in the shop.
  • Little_GeneLittle_Gene Posts: 370 Deckhand
    Wow, NICE FISH! Sorry to hear about the motor. That SUCKS!:huh
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,773 Captain
    Damnations Scott> That's a nice Snook! Looks like them Yungunz had their work cut out fer them on this trip! I never saw a red skyrocket before? Did it think it was a Kingfish or what?? Looks Purdy cold out there but sounds like You had things heated up w/ those Topwaters getting blasted!!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • davidk5316davidk5316 Posts: 417 Officer
    Awesome report!! Got you that snook you wanted and a bonus of redfish mania on topwater. Good job.
  • Go SkinnyGo Skinny Posts: 116 Officer
    nice
    Fishing is not just a hobby but a lifestyle
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Nice on the Top-Water Scotty, the rod bending up front is the winner!