Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Where to buy 3/4" marine plywood?

I am in need of some 3/4" marine grade plywood.Any ideas on where this can be found? Thanks.
BIGFISH ROOFING. 570-1973. ccc1330441

Replies

• UglycusUglycus Posts: 219 Deckhand
    The last time I was looking someone on here gave me this contact. I ended up using normal treated plywood and thinned out some epoxy and saturated my cut pieces. It lasted over 13 years outside uncovered before it started getting soft.

Florida Southern Plywood
    5909 W 5th St Jacksonville, FL 32254
    (904) 786-4382
    Formally know as "Fish'n Skiff"
  • chucks21capehorn+chucks21capehorn+ Posts: 518 Officer
    no peekin wrote: »
    I am in need of some 3/4" marine grade plywood.Any ideas on where this can be found? Thanks.

Florida Southern 904-786-4382

5909 W 5th St Jacksonville, FL 32254 - Directions
  • oceanwayoceanway Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    Call Jay at Shumans cash and supply on N. Main st.
  • WallhangerWallhanger Posts: 284 Deckhand
    What's the difference between marine grade and normal treated plywood?
  • UglycusUglycus Posts: 219 Deckhand
    I think the basic difference is PT is normal plywood that is chemically treated to be rot/insect resistant but not waterproof. Were Marine grade is made with harder veneers without any knot holes or gaps and the resin used to bond them make it waterproof.
    Formally know as "Fish'n Skiff"
  • chucks21capehorn+chucks21capehorn+ Posts: 518 Officer
    Uglycus wrote: »
    I think the basic difference is PT is normal plywood that is chemically treated to be rot/insect resistant but not waterproof. Were Marine grade is made with harder veneers without any knot holes or gaps and the resin used to bond them make it waterproof.

Uglycus is correct use Marine grade if you plan to glass it. Its made with water proof gunk holding it together to prevent delamination resin will not stick very well to pressure treated....
  • throwbackthrowback Posts: 156 Deckhand
    The best comparison is marine grade ply to exterior grade ply (cdx). PT is a whole different animal and like he said above will not play well with glass/resin. Either marine grade or exterior grade will work well with fiberglass, marine grade is higher quality but in the hands of a good fiberglass guy I am not sure you will know the difference even in the long term. That is my opinion and it has been debated to death elsewhere and others say marine grade or nothing so take it with a grain of salt.