John U Lloyd Park

Hi All. Wanted to know how many of you out there have that $64 yearly pass to be able to fish the jetty there at night when everybody else has to leave? If so, how has the night time fishing been there on the jetty lately? Never fished in there before so I am looking for a new place. Also, with this $64 yearly pass does that include your entry fee into the park or do you still have to pay $4/car every time you go there. Can't call them during the working hours.

Hope to hear from those that regularly fish there.

Replies

• katwoman85katwoman85 Posts: 491 Officer
    Well I managed to sneak in a phone call to John U Lloyd & got my questions answered about the pass. I asked the guy that answered the phone what they have been catching lately on the jetty. He said pompano. I asked him about snook & he said he has not seen anybody taking snook off the jetty but he also said he is not up there all the time.

Anybody else have any reports from this place?
  • bitshortbitshort Posts: 241 Deckhand
    Check out the Hot Snook Bite thread in this forum the jetty is in the back ground Im sure if you spend the time down there youll get them. Dont be afraid to walk down the beach towards the pier also. If you put in the time at the end of the Jetty throwing fresh ballyhoo chuncks you get paid for sure.
  • Steve_raleighSteve_raleigh Posts: 174 Deckhand
    I fish there by boat it's very hit or miss lately there should be some
    Monsters there once the season closes
    If your into night fishing by foot fish bridges for snook
    Griffin/hollywood/sample/ camino have been getting snook
  • HKNHKN Posts: 45 Deckhand
    I fish there by boat it's very hit or miss lately there should be some
    Monsters there once the season closes
    If your into night fishing by foot fish bridges for snook
    Griffin/hollywood/sample/ camino have been getting snook

if you dont mind me asking....what bait are you using under the bridges?
  • katwoman85katwoman85 Posts: 491 Officer
    bitshort wrote: »
    Check out the Hot Snook Bite thread in this forum the jetty is in the back ground Im sure if you spend the time down there youll get them. Dont be afraid to walk down the beach towards the pier also. If you put in the time at the end of the Jetty throwing fresh ballyhoo chuncks you get paid for sure.

Yes I saw that post & the pictures. Think I am going to do live shrimp on the jetty