Home Politics

Michael Lewis On '60 Minutes' Says Stock Market Is Rigged

2»

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,211 Moderator
    LouieLouie wrote: »
    And it's coming. It'll make 2008 look like a picnic.

Say it ain't so.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,788 Admin
    LouieLouie wrote: »
    This crap happens every time you put a big-business / big oil guy in the White House.

**** you, George Bush!
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,037 AG
    One fund, $300 million x number of fund organizations.

We the people vote for and thereby authorize the fed to do what they do. This bleeding of the cow.

Not really... the FED is a private uncontrolled organization that manipulates our currency.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    The stock market is being artificially propped up by the fed and the policies of the federal govt at the expense of the nation. The policies have destroyed the real purpose and design of the banking industry and has forced the act of savings from the bank to the game known as the stock market. Sadly most American citizens and businesses are not equipped to build wealth on their own anymore instead they rely on the stock market game to do it for them.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,699 AG
    fins4me wrote: »
    The stock market is being artificially propped up by the fed and the policies of the federal govt at the expense of the nation. The policies have destroyed the real purpose and design of the banking industry and has forced the act of savings from the bank to the game known as the stock market. Sadly most American citizens and businesses are not equipped to build wealth on their own anymore instead they rely on the stock market game to do it for them.

Do you invest your retirement in cow manure?
    Vote for the other candidate
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    Do you invest your retirement in cow manure?

I invest in land, growth of business and savings. I try to grow in scope every year.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,699 AG
    fins4me wrote: »
    I invest in land, growth of business and savings. I try to grow in scope every year.

I prefer to live in the city where they have have stuff other than cows and corn. I suppose I'm anti American, although I do own a house and a small business.
    Vote for the other candidate
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    I prefer to live in the city where they have have stuff other than cows and corn. I suppose I'm anti American, although I do own a house and a small business.

Why would you say that makes you "anti American" I didn't.

and I do not live in an unpopulated area of South Dakota.
    "Today is MINE"
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 12,966 AG
    Not really... the FED is a private uncontrolled organization that manipulates our currency.

Oh, that FED.
    Sorry, I thought you were referring to the Federal Government.

Yes, the FED is a private uncontrolled organization that manipulates our currency.
    Bunch of foxes guarding the hen house.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...