Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Recommendations for Ft. Pierce, fishing, inlet and lodging?

Having a family reunion in July in Ft. Pierce and looking for a house or two to rent, also any info on fishing that area as well as the inlet and near shore/off shore... Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated... :crossed:fishing

Replies

• ShelShel Posts: 1,066 Officer
    Will send you a pm shortly.
  • ShelShel Posts: 1,066 Officer
  • samsiam74samsiam74 Posts: 2,215 Captain
    Got it... Thanks for the info!
  • SpongkingSpongking Posts: 959 Officer
    Ft pierce has a killer sandbar just inside northside of inlet. Its narrow so only way in and out. Also not far from Sebastian inlet and their jetty pier. Different world with clear water and good visibility right off the sand. Spoon off beach and bucktails ive had good luck with. If you try pier try to put down a live mullet/ pinfjsh. Between blues, snook, tarpon and occasional red there are a lot on creatures waiting to eat. It doesnt help lodging situation but i always camp down that way at long point lark. Just past whiteys fish camp ( sweet bait place). Cheap, good bathrooms and showers, sites on the water. Perfect for kayak, canoe, or small boat. They even have a ramp on site.

Kev
  • 15whaler15whaler Posts: 183 Officer
    On an outgoing tide, net some crabs in the inlet. They will be floating by. Fish those crabs at the boils, just off the beach where the powerplant is. There are permit there in July. Its a little bit of a run down the beach to get there but totally worth it.
    Eric S. Vaughn
    Mandarin FL Native

17 Sea Boss CC
    90 Mercury FourStroke EFI
  • samsiam74samsiam74 Posts: 2,215 Captain
    Thanks Spongking & Whaler... I grew up down in Sebastian so the area isn't real foreign to me but Sebastian and Ft.Pierce are a little ways apart.... I'd compare it to fishing out of Mayport v/s PC.. Not majorly different but enough that I'll take some insight if I can get it... We will be taking three boats. Good to know about the sand bar on the N. Side, I was looking at St. Lucie inlet as well but it looks like all sand bars? Navionics is showing the depth at 3' in most spots down there and I'm not comfy having my family from Virginia and Michigan navigating 3' with sand bars... Any other input?