Home Politics

Gov. Scott already on the attack!

13»

Replies

• mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    It's hard to believe anyone would defend Scott. I don't really care who the next governor is, it has no effect on me except occasionally it's embarrassing when I live in a state with a corporate criminal and carpet bagger as governor.

In my opinion the governor should have to be born and grew up in Florida to be qualified to be governor OR to be a state legislator.
    But, at least Scott knows how the private sector works and understands that money does not grow on trees. And anyone who tries to reduce the size and growth of government gets my vote.
    Interesting point. I won't speak to guns which is a non issue to all but the paranoid ,:hairraiser but conservation is a key discriminator between the two candidates.

Christ was the AG who worked with us on the net ban and earned the respect of the recreational fishing community. In time that eroded to indifference to our being bludgeoned by federal fisheries mangers. He also moved more to the preservationist side with his diverting of funding for the northern everglades initiative, to placating anti-ag preservationists in purchasing unusable farmland for a mythic Plan 6 flow way, setting back stormwater protection for the St. Lucie and Caloosahatchee estuaries by a decade.

This governor and this legislature put those projects back on track . Charlie unfortunately cannot play to both sides and he trammeled himself by doing so.

I agree.
    And It's a sure bet that Charlie will play to the side of recreational fishing during the election and then do his usual bait and switch.
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,506 AG
    mustang190 wrote: »
    I agree.
    And It's a sure bet that Charlie will play to the side of recreational fishing during the election and then do his usual bait and switch.

Charlie has the personna of the baitfish known as slipperydick. The problem is that we know where the baitfish has been, Charlie, not so much. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LonghaulLonghaul Posts: 1,745 Officer
    LouieLouie wrote: »
    The fact that Charlie is a homosexual has been one of Tallahassee's worst kept secrets for decades.

Charlie is as **** as a three dollar bill. He makes a great democrat, ha ha.
  • chubascochubasco Posts: 18,390 Officer
    Longhaul wrote: »
    Charlie is as **** as a three dollar bill. He makes a great democrat, ha ha.

No wonder he won the governorship as a republican so easily.
    Chubasco.jpg
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 30,673 AG
    chubasco wrote: »
    No wonder he won the governorship as a republican so easily.

Back when Charlie was elected, I was quite active with the local republican party over local issues. I remember the party leaders were not big fans of Charlie and the Gay rumors were at every republican meeting. The party leaders were hoping Tom Gallagher would win the primary.

As soon as he won the primary and became the candidate, They all loved him and thought he was the best candidate ever. The gay stuff disappeared and he was the poster boy of the republican party.

Mini Mart Magnate

This forum is carbon based lifeform friendly. 

mustang190 wrote: »
    In my opinion the governor should have to be born and grew up in Florida to be qualified to be governor OR to be a state legislator.

Good luck with that. I'm going to guess a sizable percentage of our population is either a direct or second generation carpetbagger or immigrant. :shrug
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    navigator2 wrote: »
    Good luck with that. I'm going to guess a sizable percentage of our population is either a direct or second generation carpetbagger or immigrant. :shrug

Actually that is not a bad idea, if we also discount anyone born and grew up within 100 miles of Georgia or Alabama.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Actually that is not a bad idea, if we also discount anyone born and grew up within 100 miles of Georgia or Alabama.

I'm okay with taking a chainsaw to the state say around, oh, Orlando to set adrift. The gulf stream will carry it north and you can throw out the anchor in New York harbor. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,700 AG
    navigator2 wrote: »
    I'm okay with taking a chainsaw to the state say around, oh, Orlando to set adrift. The gulf stream will carry it north and you can throw out the anchor in New York harbor. :grin

What would you guys do for money if that happened? Roadside boiled peanut stands?
    Vote for the other candidate
    What would you guys do for money if that happened? Roadside boiled peanut stands?

Spend less tax money on english/spanish translations posted in government buildings? :huh

:grin

We'll do just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral

:)

A friend move his family down here from Maine. They thought they'd ease into the southern mindset by buying some boiled pnuts from a roadside stand. They found them inedible and decided that rednecks would eat anything - they didn't know to spit out the hulls.

Actually the geographic area you mention is really considered the real Florida. Yes there are areas of South Florida like around Okeechobee and the ranch lands around Arcadia and LaBelle, Immokalee and Belle Glade could also be considered real Florida.:wink

A friend move his family down here from Maine. They thought they'd ease into the southern mindset by buying some boiled pnuts from a roadside stand. They found them inedible and decided that rednecks would eat anything - they didn't know to spit out the hulls.

They also put sugar on grits! Freakin heathens!!!
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,700 AG

I have know to eat the hulls when fishing. Why not?
    Vote for the other candidate
    I have know to eat the hulls when fishing. Why not?

I eat the floaters hulls. They are quite good. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]