Redfish bite with all the rain @ the hatchee

What do u guys think? Will it be worth the trip over to stienhatchee in the AM? If not I may stay closer to home and hit shell mound. Any thoughts?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mike
Custom Fishing Rods & Rod Repair.
www.backcountrysportsmen.com

Replies

• Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,929 Captain
    I'm trying to figure out a plan as well, I'm thinking any place close to a river is going to be pumping tons of fresh water and I'm wondering how it will change things. It's low tide at 8 AM so maybe the incoming tide will bring good water back in?
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 198 Officer
    Yeah bro I hear ya! I think I may just stick close to home. My gut tells me that tanin water will be all over close to shore around pepperfish. I'm gonna hold out hope that I can catch some bait and tuck in around some oyster bars near shell mound.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mike
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,929 Captain
    I don't know about you but I had a freakin' tough time. I didn't see a single red. Caught a few trout but the wind was blowing so **** hard it made for a pretty difficult day.
  • JC_UF_ITKJC_UF_ITK Posts: 489 Deckhand
    I was planning to go today, but picked up a flu bug yesterday and didn't make it. I did drive over late this afternoon to drop the boat off and the entire area was wet and the wind was howling.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 198 Officer
    Yup we had one helluva time today as well. Pulled hooks on a few black drum but that was it. Watched some birds work a fast moving bait pod that was getting pounded by Mack's and then called it a day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mike