Need new Garmin fisgfinder/gps combo

Which one does everyone reccomend? It will just be a 5" display.
20' Shearwater 150 VMAX

Replies

• ElementElement Posts: 1,749 Officer
    541s. Should be able to get a good deal on this as it's much more expensive replacement version, the 547 (with features you do not need...trust me) has been out for several months. I had the 541s for years and it was a great unit, but I upgraded to the 740 in the fall because I wanted a bigger screen. PS - you can get a touch screen 740 for a killer deal because it's replacement has been out for several months too. You can probably get a 740 for as much or a tad more than the 547. If you wanna keep it 5" and under a few hundred, then 541s.
  • SpongkingSpongking Posts: 959 Officer
    For the money agreed. 541s is best choice. Simple controls and accurate. Good color quality and definition. Comes loaded with us coastal map. Just be careful if you try to get slick and buy online at wildly discounted prices. Make sure you check to see if maps preloaded. They sell blank units also without maps and then youll just be dropping another $100+ for the card. Also. Make sure comes with transducer. Seems like stupid comments but ton of ppl get nipped by this stuff if purchased online( even if its brand new).

Kev
  • flfisherflfisher Posts: 161 Deckhand
    Thanks guys. So it looks like the 541s or the 740. I'll post back which one I get.

Thanks again!
    20' Shearwater 150 VMAX
  • flfisherflfisher Posts: 161 Deckhand
    Picked up a 541s off ebay,

thanks guys
    20' Shearwater 150 VMAX