Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Bathtub repainting?

Has anyone ever used any products to redo an old cast iron tub that has stains and discoloration or know anyone that does it profesionally.
FreeSpoolin' Fishing team

Replies

• Fifth DayFifth Day Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    We used the bath tub man last year. He fixed two chips, added some grip to the bottom, and re-glazed the tub. It's been a year and so far we haven't noticed any wear or discoloration. The house will smell for a couple of days though!

http://www.bathtubman.com
  • CaptainTCaptainT jacksonvillePosts: 141 Deckhand
    I second the Bath Tub Man. I have used them for the past 8 years, probably 20 jobs. You cant beat the price, do not try and do it yourself!
  • Reel MullarkeyReel Mullarkey Posts: 1,873 Captain
    CaptainT wrote: »
    I second the Bath Tub Man. I have used them for the past 8 years, probably 20 jobs. You cant beat the price, do not try and do it yourself!

I repeat - Do not try this yourself! The chemicals and equipment needed are very technical and the prep work along with the application take practice. Bath Tub man is good by reputation and runs the market in Jacksonville.
    Jonathan Mullarkey's
    SUPERCLEAN SERVICES
    Professional cleaning and restoration since 1999
    CARPETS - UPHOLSTERY - TILE - GROUT - MARBLE - TERRAZZO

CLEAN - POLISH - SEAL - RESTORE - PROTECT
    561-891-1236
    www.steamcleanjupiter.com
  • F1D2F1D2 Posts: 331 Deckhand
    Bath Tub Man is the way to go. I used him years ago when doing a renovation and was amazed with the work he did and the price was right too.
  • southboundchickensouthboundchicken Posts: 711 Officer
    If it's not damaged then do a light sand and you can use a good urethane paint, you can spray it yourself or you can even roll it with a quality fine nap roller and get wonderful results, all this BS about it's hazardous and you have to have a Pro to do it is nonsense
  • pepperfirepepperfire Posts: 263 Deckhand
    Thanks everyone. the tub is in good shape just stained and discolored.
    FreeSpoolin' Fishing team