Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Miss Aline Fishing Vessel

I've seen the numbers for this wreck for a long time now but have never tried to fish or dive it. Actually, I've never even been to it. It seems to be well within reach but there is very little information about the dang thing anywhere.

Has anyone fished, dove or even just run over the Miss Aline Fishing Vessel? It's sitting in 50' South of St Marks or west of Buckeye reef between Steinhatchee and Keaton Beach.

We are headed out this weekend and was wondering if it's worth the time. The only thing I've found about it is that it sunk in 1982 and is 102 tons. Seems good but who knows. It might be buried by now, I hope not.

Any info would definitely help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replies

• fsuwxmanfsuwxman Posts: 1,290 Officer
    If it's the one I'm thinking of, and I'm not in front of my GPS at the moment, I've has limited success there. If memory serves, mostly smaller grouper and BSB.
    2015 FS Northwest Forum NASCAR Champion
  • omegafooomegafoo Posts: 3,127 Captain
    Once upon a time there used to be a little bit of rock around that area but I've not found any actual wreckage. The last time I dove it the 4-6" of rock was no longer there and was all sand after we had one or two of the TS's come through the big bend.

Micci can tell you about the two trips we made out to that area and one other closer in spot (to Keaton), probably close to 7 or 8 years ago...
  • WB05WB05 Posts: 40 Greenhorn
    Dang. So no wreck at all???? Wonder if it's buried or just a hoax to start with. Thanks anyhow! I'm not gonna waste the petro to look for something if it's probably not there.

• fsuwxmanfsuwxman Posts: 1,290 Officer
    Just pulled the GPS up...I was thinking of a different wreck out that way. The one I was thinking of is in 58'.
    2015 FS Northwest Forum NASCAR Champion
  • dewyafishdewyafish Posts: 5,025 Admiral
    Fished it on a charter one time. Bottom fish first and get your baits down and back up very quickly.
    After you get tired of that put livies on a fly line and play with the AJ's for a while.
    If you tarry while bringing up a grunt or BSB and get hit by a reef donkey the bottom fishing is over once the AJ's get fired up.
    There's nothing more enjoyable than suprise morning sex...
    Unless you happen to be in jail at the time.
  • WB05WB05 Posts: 40 Greenhorn
    fsuwxman wrote: »
    Just pulled the GPS up...I was thinking of a different wreck out that way. The one I was thinking of is in 58'.

You wouldn't be willing to share that number would you??? Wink wink!!!