6000 Acre Trophy hunting lease on large private ranch

The WhiteTail hunt club has two openings for new members. We have 6,000 acres that have been QDM managed for over 10 years. Very family oriented. Over 40 acres of planted food plots. Over 30 stands. Backs up to the St. Johns River conservation area,15 miles west of Melbourne, Fl. . Widely considered to be the best private property hunting in Florida. Less than an hour south east of Orlando. Guests are welcome. Camp has water , electric , barn , walk-in cooler, skinning shed . Dues include food plot maintenance, electric , QDMA membership . Hog hunting allowed year round, no dog hunting on the ranch. Year round access to the property with paid dues . 2 wheel drive access to the lease. No buggy hunting .
Our turkey hunting is unbelievable . We also hunt ducks, dove and have several large fishing ponds and ditches draining into the St. Johns River that we fish.
The lease is limited to 11 members , so hunting pressure is very light. We are looking for good, family oriented members who want to be able to hunt trophy deer close to home, with the family. Dues are $ 6800 a year . Email Mike @ [email protected] .

Replies

• WhitetailWhitetail Posts: 147 Deckhand
    Thanks for everyone's emails this year. We are full for this year. Food plots are in and producing ! We're getting some great pictures ! Keep us in my for next year .
  • gator4evergator4ever Posts: 2,556 Captain
    those are some nice looking bucks.

I wish your lease wasnt so far from South Miami.
    "sometimes it's OK just to kill a little time" my grandpa 1972
    Thanks Gator ! We're not that far from S. Florida. We've gotten a lot of interest from your area. Keep us in mind for next year. Here's some more eye candy to tempt you!
  • tbsportsmantbsportsman Posts: 348 Deckhand
    What is the camera pointed at? How did you know these bucks would be there? Corn?
  • BnTBnT Posts: 6,644 Admiral
    What is the camera pointed at? How did you know these bucks would be there? Corn?

Scout, see where the deer generally come out into the plots and hang camera... Look for old scrapes and where they have been eating mostly, hang camera and you will have some bucks on there. Maybe not everyday or every week but you gotta have patience to be a hunter.
    "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day... Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard"
    gandrfab wrote: »
    Sharky is always clocky, bnt is sometimes sharky,
    sharky is sometimes bnt, but bnt is never clocky
  • tbsportsmantbsportsman Posts: 348 Deckhand
    BnT wrote: »
    Scout, see where the deer generally come out into the plots and hang camera... Look for old scrapes and where they have been eating mostly, hang camera and you will have some bucks on there. Maybe not everyday or every week but you gotta have patience to be a hunter.

I am hunting public land swamp, so no plots. I guess my issue is that I can find an area with a bunch of trails and get some pics of does and pigs, but they could take one of 10 trails going through the same area and it is too thick to see all the trails. I could also put the camera in a more open area, but it is my understanding that is not where the bucks are going to travel. If the shots above are on a plot, that would explain why they are standing in the open.
    Both of these shots are in food plots near access points . To get these pictures, we had over 6000 shots taken between two cameras . Both cameras have a plot watcher, or timed photo option to take shots every 15 minutes . We catch a lot of game that way that are just outside of trigger range. The Reconyx camera was really expensive, but by far takes the best pictures and has unbelievable battery life. I've got close to 20K pictures off of one set of batteries and it still shows 90% left. Wish I could afford another one !!

Here is one from last year that I wish I had hung the camera a little bit lower. Not in a plot, just a cypress head they like to travel through. At least we killed a couple of these birds this year !
  • JRussellJRussell Posts: 1,411 Officer
    Any openings for this coming season?
    The Florida Hunters Network Facebook page
  • BatemasterBatemaster Posts: 1,701 Captain
    Looks like an awesome property!
    Right now it looks like we are full @ 10 members. Deposits are due next month though . If anyone falls out, I'll post the opening here . Thanks for everyone's interest .
    It looks like we will have one opening this year for the 2014 -15 . We had a solid deer season this year, and spring gobbler is off to a great start. We had a really good turnout for the youth hunt. One of our members daughter killer her first bird, and another husband / wife team that killed their first bird this weekend . Dues are $ 7000 this year. That covers all costs for the lease year , electricity, seed/fertilizer/lime for the plots, etc. Email me for more details. [email protected] . Here are some of the game cam pics I pulled this weekend, more to come as I get them from other members .