Electronics Install

Can anyone recommend someone to install electronics around here that does a good job? looking to add a new plotter and will be looking for someone to re arrange my electronics for me
8aa18353-93c1-47d9-a69d-05a47ee5322c.jpg

Replies

• smoothiesmoothie Posts: 117 Officer
    Look up boattronics. boattronics.net 904 545 1270....... CLEAN!
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,984 Moderator
    I don't think there's anybody in town better than Bill Street.

He's on Jenks avenue, but I can't remember business name. He's between 15th and 11lth on the east side of road. Small white building.

Not sure how much work he's been doing of late, though. Guy not only does install, but he can fix just about any piece.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • SwampratSwamprat Posts: 1,058 Officer
    PH is that Harbor Communications you are thinking of.
    Jackson Cuda 12

A wade fisherman is the most simplistic but the most adept for the quarry they are after. They are immersed in their challenger's habitat and are in tune with the subtle changes of current, temperature and bottom. In order to be successful at this noble and primal fishing form one must be submerged from their goobs to their boobs, anyone doing this outside of that boundary is either sunbathing or swimming. S.F. Stewart 2015
  • 85okhai85okhai Posts: 246 Officer
    I don't think there's anybody in town better than Bill Street.

He's on Jenks avenue, but I can't remember business name. He's between 15th and 11lth on the east side of road. Small white building.

Not sure how much work he's been doing of late, though. Guy not only does install, but he can fix just about any piece.
    thanks! ill have to check that out when time comes
    Swamprat wrote: »
    PH is that Harbor Communications you are thinking of.

Yep. That's it. He's a bit of an odd bird, but he knows his stuff and will do most anything to keep a customer g happy. Good guy.
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    I've always used Lee Spiva for my needs & he's always done a good job... Don't have any experience w/anyone else though...
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
    He's good. Of course he has to be.... Dealing with raymarine is dang sure a full time job.

Cheap fix it... Lee is a good call.
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    I've had a lot better luck w/the 10yr old RM equipment on my 26' than the (4th attempt @) Lowrance on my 22' (that seems to crap out ~a month after the warranty ends)
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • SwampratSwamprat Posts: 1,058 Officer
    RS.....and others. Not a offshore person like most on here but for the last few years have heard more bad things about Lowrance than any other. Not sure why they went so downhill.

As far as Harbor Communications no direct experience with them but have a buddy who had them wire in some electronics a few years ago and was very impressed with the shop and the owners knowledge. Like PH said my friend said he was a little weird but knew his stuff. Who knows maybe to many electrons and electrical shocks passing thru his body is the reason:grin
    Jackson Cuda 12

A wade fisherman is the most simplistic but the most adept for the quarry they are after. They are immersed in their challenger's habitat and are in tune with the subtle changes of current, temperature and bottom. In order to be successful at this noble and primal fishing form one must be submerged from their goobs to their boobs, anyone doing this outside of that boundary is either sunbathing or swimming. S.F. Stewart 2015
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,168 Officer
    This is a very timely thread. My buddy is in need of some electronic work on his boat before the upcoming fishing season and has always used Lee Spiva in the past. But, like the guy in the other thread posted a few days ago, we can't seem to get in touch with him of late. So, we're now looking for alternatives. Appreciate everyone's advice & recommendations.

Livin' the Dream !
    I've had a lot better luck w/the 10yr old RM equipment on my 26' than the (4th attempt @) Lowrance on my 22' (that seems to crap out ~a month after the warranty ends)

I dealt with ray marine a lot... I mean a whole lot, for a couple years beginning in 2006 or so. Unimpressed. Okay forchart plotting.... Would be a fine addition to helm of sail boat, but I found the units incredibly cumbersome and I'll equipped to aid in the way I fish and hold up.
  • 85okhai85okhai Posts: 246 Officer
    i have always had issues with raymarine and they aren't very user friendly at all. will be looking at a new garmin furuno or simrad. i have always like garmin/furuno, and that is all my dad uses on his shrimp boat and he's paying for it so will most likely be going with garmin/furuno
  • ollemarollemar Posts: 34 Deckhand
    Lee Spiva is still in business. Talked to him today, sounds great guy. His phone # 866-7404 . make sure to leave call back number if he cant answer.