Home General Freshwater Fishing

Freshwater fishing resort/hotel

Looking for a fishing resort/camp/hotel on freshwater. Needs to be clean and moderately priced and good fishing with dockage, any suggestions? Central Florida preferred.

Thanks, Dave

Replies

• mccrackermccracker Posts: 354 Deckhand
    Trails End or Camp Macks
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,506 Moderator
    Haven't been to Trails end but have been to Macks a couple of times.
    Macks has a motel up the road but the slips are open and at the canal. You have to drive to the boat. They do have some trailers for rent w/kitchens with in walking distance.
    Restaurants are a fair drive away so you need to cook for yourself. Lots of water to fish though.

Maybe define the central Florida boundaries you want (North/South) and we can narrow it down ?
    "You'll get your weather"
  • FishaHallicFishaHallic Posts: 660 Officer
    I don't know. I had info on both of the those camps (Thanks for posting though) but I am not sure those are the kind of places I want. I only have a 14' jon boat so I am afraid that on some of these large lakes if it is windy that weekend I won't even be able to fish. I was looking at Anglers Resort in Dunnellon so at least if it is windy I could fish the river some where and not get blown off the lake but I read some pretty bad reviews on the place and I am a little gun shy. I know we are just talking a fish camp but I would at least like it to be clean and safe. I would consider hotels/motels but I don't know how I would keep my batteries charged and it is nice just walking out to the boat on the dock and load my stuff and take off.
    OK , now I know what you are leaning toward. Anglers is OK. There is a bar/restaurant (Blue Gator) there and a couple of others with in walking distance. Pana vista lodge or Tracy's Point over on Lake Panasoffkee are quaint (old fish camps) .

Have you looked into anything on the St. Johns or Suwannee ? Suwannee Gables is right on the river.

http://www.moonriseresort.com/
    http://www.georgiaboysfishcamp.com/
    http://www.hpfishcamp.com/
    http://www.parramores.com/

With that small of a boat maybe being close to several bodies of water is an option ?

Am guessing you only use one battery. I stay at motels when fishing tournaments lots of times and just take a extension cord and plug into the room in the afternoon if no outside outlets are available.

When you plan of going ? Sounds like you are near my county and I've been to ALL the lakes and rivers around here. Let me know.

BTW , the bite on Rousseau is on fire right now but will be a long ride from Anglers downriver.
    "With that small of a boat maybe being close to several bodies of water is an option ?" You hit the nail on the head with this statement. I think I will shoot for that Moonrise resort, it fairly near Rousseau which is the place I really want to fish but I also have access to other areas in case of high winds. I will check on Parramores also. Thanks for posting those.
  • dixiedaddixiedad Posts: 382 Deckhand
    I was looking for a place too. Do you guys know if I could launch & use a 20ft Sundance boat at Ga Boys ? If not, any other places you would reccomend ?
    dixiedad wrote: »
    I was looking for a place too. Do you guys know if I could launch & use a 20ft Sundance boat at Ga Boys ? If not, any other places you would reccomend ?

According to their web site the Pro guys stay there so I don't see a problem. There is another place on the St.Johns (if that's where want to go) near Hontoon landing but I can't remember the name.
    I think I will shoot for that Moonrise resort, it fairly near Rousseau which is the place I really want to fish but I also have access to other areas in case of high winds. I will check on Parramores also. Thanks for posting those.

You'll be about 25 mi from the Rousseau ramps but will have the whole Tsala Apopka chain (Henderson and Hernando lakes)real close as well as Panasoffkee,Withlacoochee river,Crystal river and Homosassa river. They ALL have bass.
    Thanks Capt, I think that is what I will try to do.