Skip to main content
Home Boating

Help Please

Travis GTravis G Kentucky😢Posts: 501 Deckhand
I switched my side console to center. in the process had to take the hydraulic steering lines loose. What is the easiest way to bleed the lines. I have help so it doesnt have to be a one man project.

Replies

• There are two filler **** under the black caps on either end of the cylinder.

1-HC6345.JPG

Attach the plastic tube that comes with the fluid to them, loosen them and drain it by turning the wheel. Follow the instructions on the bottle to refill it at the helm. You want a partner to turn the wheel until there are no air bubbles visible in the plastic tubing, then tighten the ****.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • SCFD rtrd.SCFD rtrd. Posts: 1,390 Officer
    SeaStar fluid comes in two packages, one is just the quart of fluid and the other is a quart of fluid with a small clear hose and cap. If you buy the one with the clear hose and cap, it comes with directions on how to bleed the system.
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,767 Captain
    There are two filler **** under the black caps on either end of the cylinder.

1-HC6345.JPG

Attach the plastic tube that comes with the fluid to them, loosen them and drain it by turning the wheel. Follow the instructions on the bottle to refill it at the helm. You want a partner to turn the wheel until there are no air bubbles visible in the plastic tubing, then tighten the ****.
    This^^^^. Also what SCFD said. Same exact principle as bleeding brakes. Had my helm off twice, I put wife on wheel, me on bleeding screws, toakes 5 mins max, simple to do.
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,767 Captain
    remember, only loosen one **** at a time, the one on pressure side while turning wheel. One turning one way, the other one turning the other way. Otherwise you're sucking air right back in.