Home Classifieds: Boats

Any beavertail b2s for sale?

rookiemistakerookiemistake Posts: 1,176 Officer
Pm me price if you got one.

Replies

• CrabmanCrabman Posts: 30 Deckhand
    I have one in New Smyrna Beach with an Etec 50, power pole, rip tide trolling motor, Blue Rock trailer and fully setup for fishing.

$19,000.
    The boat is ready for fishing and catching daily but you would have to move fast or wait until next year.
  • rookiemistakerookiemistake Posts: 1,176 Officer
    what year my buddy just got a 2007 for 15k with a 40hp etec.nada on his was 18k with most options.not trying to low ball just asking.
    Good luck with your search Rookiemistake.
  • Dirty_South_BTDirty_South_BT Posts: 92 Deckhand
    Crabman wrote: »
    Not a problem. Good luck with your search. I'm heading north on Tuesday, that was the reason for the rush. I talked to the owner from NC who had the B2 for $15,000 and had first dibbs on that boat. I had thoughts of putting a center console in but even at a great price, it didn't make sense to do the retrofit. Also, didn't feel like driving 500 miles to see it and fortunately don't have to.

Those deals, while great, are few and far between especially where I live and fish. Hells Bay and Beavertails originated in my area. A B2 in good shape for sale here would never be priced at $15,000 unless you wanted to start a riot. Most of these boats can command $18K to 24K. They are truly still holding their value. As you saw, someone had to really go out of their way to buy a that boat and the boat still needs outfitting to meet how mine is setup. As for a 40HP on a B2, it's not my idea of horsepower especially in the Mosquito Lagoon where we need to jump up and run.

If you change your mind, my boat will be in storage for another summer until I again comeback in November. At that time, it will be up for sale on the forums. Again, good luck with your search. They are fantastic boats and even in the $20,000 range, they are worth every bit.

This is absolutely not true. A 40hp is plenty on these boats and will actually benefit you more being in mosquito lagoon because of the reduced weight and ease of poling. This hull is based off the old HB waterman hull which uses anywhere from a 25hp-70hp motor. I run a 05 B1 in ML and its a perfect boat.

Also, B2's can be had from anywhere from 13k up.. Just have to find the deals. There has been a few original B1s sale on boat trader for a while, they are both around the 15k mark. Both have been sitting for a while and are still for sale. My buddy bought a very nice b2 for 14 and another boat a newer model totally rigged out for 19k. Just need to look, they go fast. Cash is king ! I bought my B1 with 80hrs on it for 11.5k
    Keep looking, you will find one eventually.
  • snookmansnookman Posts: 226 Deckhand
    screw beavertail and hellsbay................find yourself a Man-O-War.........their are only 8 in existence before being bought out by Gause. They are built better, they are faster, They handle the waves better, and they look better.
    If you knew anything about these skiffs you would know they aren't meant to be speed demons. It's a sponson hull that doesn't have a pad to run on. Lmao. The difference between a 40 and a 50 is about 4-5 mph.

Don't be mad because you got hosed. I guess if all you look at is boat trader, then I guess what you say is true. You can ask whatever you want for a skiff, doesn't mean it's worth it. Maybe you should try losing a few lbs if you have trouble with a 40 ?:shrug I tournament fish regularly in ML out of a boat with a 25 hp on it, sure we are the last ones there but we are the ones cashing the checks, not you. Enjoy your "big" shiny motor.
    But snookman why are you selling yours?if they are better......
    Rookiemistake, what you trying to spend ? I can keep a lookout down here for you. They will come available for fair prices. Just had one down here on craigslist for 17k, rigged out.
    to buy a beavertail..................lol
    Dont have a price the right boat will get bought.snook ill take your man o war for 12k.
    its yours.
    you have 30 minutes to come get it with the cash. I just found a beaver tail that I want and I need the cash.
    Nice . Looks like the man o war is a knock off of a knock off. Haha. Its a sweet looking boat trust me i even looked up the company that got the molds to see where they were located.i actually like the man o war . What are you selling it for ? Bigger boat?
    Nice . Looks like the man o war is a knock off of a knock off. Haha. Its a sweet looking boat trust me i even looked up the company that got the molds to see where they were located.i actually like the man o war . What are you selling it for ? Bigger boat?

Im currently not selling the boat right now because I have come to the realization that I will not be able to replace it. I have never seen a better built flats boat ever(hells bay Marqueses maybe). Vacuum infused hull, channel bildge, all gelcoated interior. I fished it hard for the last month and realized that I will never be able to buy a flats boat of this quality ever again. I decided to put it on my lift and I am considering giving the title to my mother in NJ so that I no longer have the temptation to sell it. Gause boat works bought the molds in 2006 and he is now making the boats. He made some minor changes and is asking somewhere around 50-60K for the boat.

The boat has built in spray rails. 4 poling strakes. and rides better than any technical skiff I have ever been on in its class.
    I was considering buying a 20-22 ft pathfinder than I came to my senses and realized that maverick/hewes boats are garbage.

Don't get me wrong, Beaver tail and Hells Bays are awesome boats built by geniuses. I just think if the Guys who started Man-O-War had the business end of their operation set then this boat would be the cats meow.

All in all im not an idiot and I was being facetious. HB's and BTX are bad ***. But paying 50-70k for a flats boat is **** I don't care how rich you are. That includes my boat brand new.
    OK well thanks for the reply.still looking
    I still have a beautiful B2 in NSB. Seems they aren't as easy to find as some people think. This one is perfect and catching fish daily.
  • YellowlabYellowlab Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    How much and do you have some other photos? What engine on that bad boy. Thanks
    The price is $19,000. Just finished setting up my new Osprey. This B2 has everything necessary to fish. Completely rewired with new electrical panel, battery and switches. Brand new Lowrance FF/Chartplotter. Trolling motor with new battery, power pole, jack plate, baitwell with aerator, led lighting and Blue Rock trailer. Etec 50hp with less the 400 hours. Runs great, fast and shallow. Located in NSB and fishes daily.