Key West, Gulfside, 14 Jan

Went out with Kirk aboard his Grady White yesterday to hunt for some Cobia on the Gulf wrecks.

Was a little bumpy on the southside when we left the dock, so I was glad that we were headed to the Gulf. Stopped by the airport marker to get some Pilchards for the live well, and they are there. After sabiking some up we headed for the Gulf.

Sad to say that we didn't find and Cobia, but conditions were awesome. Flat calm seas, clear skies.

While we didn't find any Cobia, there were plaenty of other things to catch and fill the box with. Would have liked to kept this Grouper, but he went back in the water to be caught another day....

kirk-gulf-trip-001.jpg

Snappers were biting too....

kirk-gulf-trip-002.jpg

kirk-gulf-trip-003.jpg

The bottom machine was marking fish all day.

kirk-gulf-trip-004.jpg

We also caught lots of Mackerel (Cero and Spanish), Mutton Snapper (thought I had a pic, but must be on Kirk's camera), Jacks and LOTS of Blue Runners.

After a great day fishing, it's always nice to sit in the pit of Easy Rider and watch the sunset with friends. :)

kirk-gulf-trip-005.jpg

Catch'em up!
Rob
www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.

Replies

• piner_wahoopiner_wahoo Posts: 3,363 Captain
    very nice! still have not seen a cobe in bpk, yet. but i will be looking after this front!
    28' SEA VEE BRAND NEW 200 SUZUKI's- LIVE BAIT OFFSHORE WRECKS DEEP DROP REEFS BACKCOUNTRY
    CUSTOM CHARTERS u pick the boat- Capt.Harlan Trammell
    American Allegiance Charters -LOWER KEYS BACKCOUNTRY FISHING,LOBSTER dives, fish the 33' WORLDCAT w/ AOK+Allegiance!
    your boat or mine, my spots+my gear, your fish.
    BIG WAHOO
    checkout our new website- http://www.american-allegiance-charters.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Allegiance-Charters/708182519302079[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    Harlan... Couple of weeks ago I was catching them on the Wilkes and the Maryland Hump, so I thought for sure the North wrecks would be covered up. Not the case....yet. :)

Rob
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
  • heavychevy15heavychevy15 Posts: 837 Officer
    man that machine was lit up. nice job on the fish. That mangrove was a nice size!
  • fish4funfish4fun Posts: 225 Officer
    Here recently I've had two events where my bottom machine looked like that...I was slow cruising with my wife and it was over hard bottom but I didn't have any gear to take advantage. Truth is, I figured my machine needed an adjustment or something. Now I know different. Thanks for the great pics, Rob.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,702 Moderator
    I may make an assault on the lower keys next week it looks like :cool:
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,669 Admin
    Awesome day! Great report Rob! :beer
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • HawkboatHawkboat Posts: 1,030 Officer
    Nice job, it is too bad about the gags...maybe some day people will open up there eyes, ears and see what is really out there,
    Capt Bill