An opinion on spaying and neutering dogs.

1356718

Replies

  • SJCSJC Posts: 2,565 Captain
    I was against neutering my dog. Fought my wife for about 2 years over it. I finally gave in. He would pee in certain places in the house, not after he was fixed though. That alone was worth it.
    The Beatings will continue until moral improves!
  • Holmes BeachHolmes Beach Posts: 969 Officer
    Neuter a male so he doesn't impregnate every living, breathing thing he can catch scent of. Neuter a male so he loses a bit of the street-fighter within himself.

    Spay a female so she doesn't get impregnated by all the males running around humping everything in sight.

    We must do this in the United States because unfortunately, we have irresponsible dog owners who let their pets run loose. Europe doesn't have this problem because they shoot feral and homeless animals and they enforce existing laws without acquiescing to bleeding hearts.

    If you've ever owned a male dog, or are a male, you can easily understand why cutting the jewels is essential. Not too long ago (thousands of years) us males ran around humping everything in site and picking fights with everything that moved. Or maybe we still do that now.
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,302 Admiral
    AVMA has a pony in this show and if you don't see it your stupid.

    Exactly.... The AMVA members make a significant amount of money from spaying and neutering dogs. Members make a significant amount of money from dogs with chronic health issues. They make a significant amount of money managing terminal illnesses such as cancer.

    So it is against a Vet's best financial interest to speak out against spay and neuter.

    Fortunately many Vets have integrity.
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,302 Admiral
    Neuter a male so he doesn't impregnate every living, breathing thing he can catch scent of. Neuter a male so he loses a bit of the street-fighter within himself.

    Spay a female so she doesn't get impregnated by all the males running around humping everything in sight.

    We must do this in the United States because unfortunately, we have irresponsible dog owners who let their pets run loose. Europe doesn't have this problem because they shoot feral and homeless animals and they enforce existing laws without acquiescing to bleeding hearts.

    If you've ever owned a male dog, or are a male, you can easily understand why cutting the jewels is essential. Not too long ago (thousands of years) us males ran around humping everything in site and picking fights with everything that moved. Or maybe we still do that now.

    If you have ever owned an intact male dog you will know that the do not run around trying to hump everything they can.

    The sex drive is not the strongest drive an intact dog has. In most dogs it is third. And a distant third at that.

    And sexual function is but a tiny role of testosterone. It plays vital roles in the health of animals.


    Your comments on Europe are incorrect...


    And you have no evidence that spay and neuter reduces the number of dogs in shelters.
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 Officer
    Remember when JB was peddling the idea nobody could ID a Pitbull? Not vets. Not Animal Services. Not LEO. Not reporters, photographers, or editors. He insisted that NOT even the dog's owners knew what kind of dog they had. So the horrible stories about Pitbulls chewing people up were untrue?
    And you have no evidence that spay and neuter reduces the number of dogs in shelters.

    While Holmes Beach may have posted "no evidence" it would certainly be EZ for him to do so. The Humane Society certainly has.

    For 2012 the Human Society estimated there were 83.3 million dogs in the U.S. & 83% were neutered.

    http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/pet_overpopulation/facts/pet_ownership_statistics.html

    Most people understand & accept that when you neuter a dog it will never contribute to "the number of dogs in shelters". And when you neuter nearly 70 million dogs it "reduces the number of dogs in shelters".

    And forget attempting a semantic evasion, foisting a 'Simple Math' denial, or launching an off topic personal attack. We know when a dog gets snipped another doesn't magically disappear at a shelter.



    http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/pet_overpopulation/facts/pet_ownership_statistics.html
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    Exactly.... The AMVA members make a significant amount of money from spaying and neutering dogs. Members make a significant amount of money from dogs with chronic health issues. They make a significant amount of money managing terminal illnesses such as cancer.

    So it is against a Vet's best financial interest to speak out against spay and neuter.

    Fortunately many Vets have integrity.

    Vets make MUCH more money by dogs breeding, getting hit by cars , litters, etc.
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,302 Admiral
    Remember when JB was peddling the idea nobody could ID a Pitbull? Not vets. Not Animal Services. Not LEO. Not reporters, photographers, or editors. He insisted that NOT even the dog's owners knew what kind of dog they had. So the horrible stories about Pitbulls chewing people up were untrue?



    While Holmes Beach may have posted "no evidence" it would certainly be EZ for him to do so. The Humane Society certainly has.

    For 2012 the Human Society estimated there were 83.3 million dogs in the U.S. & 83% were neutered.

    http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/pet_overpopulation/facts/pet_ownership_statistics.html

    Most people understand & accept that when you neuter a dog it will never contribute to "the number of dogs in shelters". And when you neuter nearly 70 million dogs it "reduces the number of dogs in shelters".

    And forget attempting a semantic evasion, foisting a 'Simple Math' denial, or launching an off topic personal attack. We know when a dog gets snipped another doesn't magically disappear at a shelter.



    http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/pet_overpopulation/facts/pet_ownership_statistics.html

    But that does NOT prove that speuter results in a reduction of dogs in shelters.

    All those figures represent are current statistical numbers how many dogs are altered.

    And if you look behind the research on those numbers you could drive the USS Ronald Reagan through the holes in it.

    The HSUS is not a rescue organization. It has NO association with any shelter.

    It is in fact a radical animal rights organization that collects funds under false pretenses and uses those funds for political lobbying against dog owners, hunters, ranchers and fishermen.
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,302 Admiral
    Vets make MUCH more money by dogs breeding, getting hit by cars , litters, etc.

    You have some data to back that up of course..... So lets see it.....
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    Easy math.

    1 dog gets nuetured at a cost of $200.

    Another dog doesn't and goes to breed and has 4 liters of 8 puppies each = 32 dogs.

    More dogs = more vet money.

    Less dogs = less vet money.

    You're not that dumb JB.
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,124 AG
    How cruel is it to keep a dog who has p**** on his mind 24/7, but can never get any............it would almost be as bad as marriage minus the mortgage payment. :grin
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
    JB is either trolling or ****.

    Why the dog community has not shunned him I will never know. Oh, well, maybe because they don't know him outside the "show" ring.

    I'm not going to waste more time on this thread. JB, you don't have the ability to comprehend was is good and what is better.

    I challenge anyone on here to call "no kill" shelters in there area and ask if they have room for a dog or (worse) a cat. You will find they are full.

    To promote a no spay/neuter is irresponsible. But I would expect that from someone who cannot manage their own life.
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    pupraiser wrote: »
    JB is either trolling or ****.

    Why the dog community has not shunned him I will never know. Oh, well, maybe because they don't know him outside the "show" ring.

    I'm not going to waste more time on this thread. JB, you don't have the ability to comprehend was is good and what is better.

    I challenge anyone on here to call "no kill" shelters in there area and ask if they have room for a dog or (worse) a cat. You will find they are full.

    To promote a no spay/neuter is irresponsible. But I would expect that from someone who cannot manage their own life.




    ^^^^ this x 100.
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,302 Admiral
    pupraiser wrote: »
    JB is either trolling or ****.

    Why the dog community has not shunned him I will never know. Oh, well, maybe because they don't know him outside the "show" ring.

    I'm not going to waste more time on this thread. JB, you don't have the ability to comprehend was is good and what is better.

    I challenge anyone on here to call "no kill" shelters in there area and ask if they have room for a dog or (worse) a cat. You will find they are full.

    To promote a no spay/neuter is irresponsible. But I would expect that from someone who cannot manage their own life.


    This is really enjoyable..... When you lack any valid data to support your opinion....

    I have provided supporting data from the American Veterinary Medical Association. UC Davis, Purdue, etc. Peer reviewed data presented by professionals in Veterinary Medicine....

    And what have Pup and Buttons provided? Nothing other than calling me silly names.
    Pup wants to see my credibility destroyed.... But I state my position.


    And this is the funniest part.... Pups and I live 15 or so miles apart as the crow flies.... I run a breed specific rescue, have been involved with other rescues, Been a member of Hillsborough County Dog Fanciers (which is a training and rescue driven organization) been involved dog event after dog event. Responsible dog owner events, the state fair, public school programs...... Been directly involved with Issues and events with Animal Control (For example a group provided a complete grooming room complete with equipment to help wash, clean groom dogs in animal control more adoptable. I was part of the group and actively involved in this project) I am member of Two state clubs a delegate to a state organization, member of National Dog clubs. And VERY little has anything to do with showing dogs.
    Anyone that knows me, or pays attention knows that I am a strong advocate for responsible dog ownership, dog owner rights and dog health.

    Anyway.... Where was I.... Oh yea... So pup and I live close to one another... I have been involved with the dog community, the entire community.... For basically my entire life... And I can say.... Pup is a ghost....
    Oh he talks a good game..... But other than a few pictures of Labs at Southeast Guide Dogs..... But other than that what do we know?
    We do not even know if he is actually working with those dogs he posts up, or if it is just an online illusion....
    Frankly, I do not care... If I did I could have checked up on his involvement with SE Guide Dogs long ago... I ain't that petty.
    Frankly I hope is doing the work with the guide dogs. And KUDOS to him for doing it.

    All I do know is we live in the same area are both involved with dogs supposedly.... Yet he is a ghost.

    So Pup can ignore me..... Call me names, or try to get me shunned among the local, state and national dog community if he wishes...
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    Easy math.

    1 dog gets nuetured at a cost of $200.

    Another dog doesn't and goes to breed and has 4 liters of 8 puppies each = 32 dogs.

    More dogs = more vet money.

    Less dogs = less vet money.

    You're not that dumb JB.

    .

    Explain to me how vets won't make more money with more dogs in this world???
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,302 Admiral
    Easy math.

    1 dog gets nuetured at a cost of $200.

    Another dog doesn't and goes to breed and has 4 liters of 8 puppies each = 32 dogs.

    More dogs = more vet money.

    Less dogs = less vet money.

    You're not that dumb JB.

    That is not easy math.... its a load of..... And 200 is CHEAP for a spay anymore.... You are out of touch there.

    And no I am not dumb enough to buy into your "simple math"

    With all this overpopulation of dog I doubt Vets are worried about where their next client is coming from.
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,302 Admiral
    .

    Explain to me how vets won't make more money with more dogs in this world???

    And if a vet is any kind of business person, they should be establishing long term relationships with pet owners, networking, and courting dog owners.... Not too many dogs have bank accounts.
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,302 Admiral
    How cruel is it to keep a dog who has p**** on his mind 24/7, but can never get any............it would almost be as bad as marriage minus the mortgage payment. :grin

    IT does not work that way....
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    How is it a load?

    If there are more dogs in this world, the vets make more money.

    Period.

    If you don't spay and neuter your dog, there will be more dogs in this world.

    Period.



    Spay cost more than a neuter so no wonder you are saying $200 is low.

    Many vets offer low cost spay/neuter programs.
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • onthefiftyonthefifty Posts: 4,072 Captain
    pupraiser wrote: »
    JB is either trolling or ****.

    Are you sure it's not both?
  • Hickory DogHickory Dog Posts: 5,047 Officer
    So Buttons let me get this right your argument is that it is irresponsible to not spay and neuter pets because no one will care for them.

    And that vets would say to people that they shouldn't s&n so there are more uncared for dogs in shelters that they will then supposedly make money off of?

    Were you deprived of oxygen for an extended period as child? Near drowning maybe? Found with a plastic bag over your head and needed resuscitation?
  • onthefiftyonthefifty Posts: 4,072 Captain

    Were you deprived of oxygen for an extended period as child? Near drowning maybe? Found with a plastic bag over your head and needed resuscitation?

    And what's your excuse?
  • Hickory DogHickory Dog Posts: 5,047 Officer
    onthefifty wrote: »
    And what's your excuse?

    I can read. Not to mention following the course of an argument for more than one post. If I throw something shiny will you follow it and go away?
  • onthefiftyonthefifty Posts: 4,072 Captain
    Not to mention following the course of an argument for more than one post.

    Can you complete a sentence?
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    If you don't think the AMVA has an agenda here you're an idiot.
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,302 Admiral
    How is it a load?

    If there are more dogs in this world, the vets make more money.

    Period.

    If you don't spay and neuter your dog, there will be more dogs in this world.

    Period.



    Spay cost more than a neuter so no wonder you are saying $200 is low.

    Many vets offer low cost spay/neuter programs.


    I actually have a place I can get rescues dogs done for 35 and bi tches for 45....


    And your logic is still flawed...
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,669 Admin
    :Popcorn
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • Hickory DogHickory Dog Posts: 5,047 Officer
    onthefifty wrote: »
    I'm a bad dog!

    :grin

    I've never had a bad dog - but if I did I would shoot it.
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    I've never had a bad dog - but if I did I would shoot it.

    You're so cool.


    Man enough to shot a dog, but a little ***** when it comes to asking your neighbors to stop shooting.
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    I actually have a place I can get rescues dogs done for 35 and bi tches for 45....


    And your logic is still flawed...


    How so?

    Are you really saying that if there are fewer dogs Vets will make more money?


    Please give me the math.
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • Hickory DogHickory Dog Posts: 5,047 Officer
    That was just for you sweet *****. Have you been able to formulate an actual argument yet?
Sign In or Register to comment.