Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

local supplier for marine battery cable?

looking for a local supplier for marine battery cable by the foot. need 12' lengths+/- of #2awg. anyone know where it's available other than west marine?

thanks for any help you can be.

Replies

• BoattronicsBoattronics Posts: 5,222 Admiral
    Boat house? You really wanna make sure it is marine grade, tinned wire. I can get you hooked up on my discount at West if that will help.
    Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    Over 80 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270
  • SpongkingSpongking Posts: 959 Officer
    Theres a boathouse marine off bch blvd and southside. In parking lot with Rowes IGA grocery store. Used to be an old blockbuster video. They are hit or miss on wiring. But a good option aside from all the big places.

I actually live in Grove Park so if i can ill swing by on way home and recon for you.
    Kev
  • Anonymous3Anonymous3 Posts: 5,987 Officer
    I use boathouse, they are about as cheap as Dell City and I don't have to wait for it to be shipped. Check to see if they have cut pieces the length you need before going straight for the roll. They cut you a deal on the last lengths of a roll when they re-up to a new roll.
  • ChippyDieselChippyDiesel Posts: 457 Officer
    I had one of the guys at the dock box help me make a new pair. The Yamaha cables are like 190 bucks. I paid for the wire by foot and connectors and they crimped the ends. I think it was around 50-60 bucks, not too bad. Its the place on beach by the bridge on the beach side.
    I had one of the guys at the dock box help me make a new pair. The Yamaha cables are like 190 bucks. I paid for the wire by foot and connectors and they crimped the ends. I think it was around 50-60 bucks, not too bad. Its the place on beach by the bridge on the beach side.

You silver solder marine connections, no crimpy crimping for reliable terminals.................
  • StankBaitStankBait Posts: 399 Deckhand
    I had good luck with these guys
    http://www.genuinedealz.com/
    Not local but fast shipping aand not far away.
  • ElementElement Posts: 1,749 Officer
    StankBait wrote: »
    I had good luck with these guys
    http://www.genuinedealz.com/
    Not local but fast shipping aand not far away.

I used this guy too when I wired a TM a few years ago. Saved several bucks, and you can custom order by gauge, length and terminal connection if I remember correctly, so they arrive ready to go. Otherwise either Boathouse on Beach or over on the other side of the bridge in the netherworld.
  • ChippyDieselChippyDiesel Posts: 457 Officer
    You silver solder marine connections, no crimpy crimping for reliable terminals.................

They have been working pretty darn good for 4-5 months now. Can I go back and silver solder them?
    They have been working pretty darn good for 4-5 months now. Can I go back and silver solder them?

Not really, I like to leave some room for the solder to wick down fully into the joint. You would have to redo them for a proper bond while using tinned lugs.
  • mlacomlaco Posts: 236 Officer
    Check specialty marine in mayport. They have a ton of electrical stuff.
    "If it's worth doing, it's worth over doing!"
  • ReefRocketReefRocket Jacksonville BeachPosts: 987 Officer
    Not sure what it is today, but the installers, ie Tony, can purchase that marine battery wire 40% to 50% of the best prices I could find. When he uses his installers discount at some of the marine stores, his discount could just about pay for his labor! I was blown away at the prices he could get.
    Bobby Riggins, 904-626-8407,
    REALTOR® AT EXIT REAL ESTATE GALLERY
    www.fl4sell.com