Is It Legal 2

So if we are anchored up at Fort George for the weekend and catch something on Saturday that I want to clean and eat for dinner. Can I clean it on the boat and grill it up, or must I bring it back to the dock?
Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.

Replies

• bswivbswiv Posts: 6,971 Admiral
    Define "clean"...................
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    bswiv wrote: »
    Define "clean"...................

Could be slit and clean then grill whole with head and tail, or remove head and tail and grill, or could be fillet and grill.
  • Slug-OSlug-O Posts: 3,015 Captain
    Post this in "ask the law" form.
    USCG Licensed and Insured Charter Capt. PRIME TIME CHARTERS 904-591-8906 ICW and Back Waters fishing. Palmvalleycharters.com
  • F1D2F1D2 Posts: 331 Deckhand
    You can with Redfish, couldn't find any info that stated the same for other fish.

( Preparation of redfish for immediate consumption on board the vessel from which the fish were caught is not prohibited.)

You can find it here https://www.flrules.org/gateway/ChapterHome.asp?Chapter=68B-22 under "Other Prohibitions; Applicability"

Other fishes are here https://www.flrules.org/gateway/Division.asp?DivID=348
  • Sea SnakeSea Snake Posts: 5,188 Admiral
    I heard of some fishermen that had caught some fish and were either caught by a lock or a bridge...I'm not sure...but anyway they decided to clean their catch while they waited to get by....they had some fish that you were supposed to "land whole"....and they were cited for it...since the lawman couldn't determine how big the fish were....:grin

Just don't allow the pirates to climb aboard, and you won't have a problem...:grin
  • mlacomlaco Posts: 236 Officer
    Your fine, keep the carcass in a bucket till you cook it, or until it's properly bagged and in your fridge.
    "If it's worth doing, it's worth over doing!"
  • BoattronicsBoattronics Posts: 5,097 Admiral
    Lets say I anchor this thing up at Ft.George, and get intoxicated in it. Could I get a bui?

IMG_40944991069450_zpsth8hpmhe.jpeg
    Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    Over 80 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270
    Lets say I anchor this thing up at Ft.George, and get intoxicated in it. Could I get a bui?

You would deserve one!
  • BakermanBakerman Posts: 1,222 Officer
    mlaco wrote: »
    Your fine, keep the carcass in a bucket till you cook it, or until it's properly bagged and in your fridge.

As I recall if you are in the process of cooking it this is ok. But bagging and in the fridge is approaching "not preparing" to eat but storage and not OK. However there have been cases where frozen fish from home is OK.
    Bakerman formerly known as Bakerman.
  • subcreepsubcreep Posts: 282 Officer

Isn't that FUI? Floating Under the Influence is punishable by many people pointing and laughing...
    “Still one thing more, fellow citizens–a wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.” Thomas Jefferson 1801
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,396 AG
    Menzies wrote: »
    So if we are anchored up at Fort George for the weekend and catch something on Saturday that I want to clean and eat for dinner. Can I clean it on the boat and grill it up, or must I bring it back to the dock?

Sounds reasonable in theory, however you don't own rods much less rodholders. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    navigator2 wrote: »
    Sounds reasonable in theory, however you don't own rods much less rodholders. :grin

Oooooooooooooooooow.

Wrong! :)