A little slow for me offshore yesterday, 28 Jan

Had Easy Rider out hoping for BIG things yesterday. Might have been just a little too nice out there.

Looked offshore as deep as 550' without anything to show for it, so I headed back in to see what was happening on the reef. Guys down West started off strong first thing with the Wahoo, but as more boats showed up the bite turned down, so I was glad that I went East.... at least till I got East of Pelican.

Marked some fish and got anchored up....could see the bottom in 70'. Never had the first yellowtail come up. Speedos did, so out came the sabiki and we loaded the well up and headed back offshore.

I worked in/around the Wilkes hoping for a Wahoo, but only caught Cudas when I got too near the wreck. Slow trolled the Speedos from the Wilkes to Maryland Shoal and on to Pelican looking for a Sail or wayward Wahoo. just caught Kings.

Yes, we caught some fish but I was hoping it would be an epic day filled with Wahoo and other Pelagics with the weather being as nice as it was.

Oh well.... Now I can just look forward to the next trip! :beer

Catch'em Up
Rob
www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.

Replies

• BD27BD27 Posts: 1,179 Officer
    At least you caught some fish. I have a mental block now when it comes to the beautiful days. It seems they are better for Boating than Fishing ???? I almost always struggle when its flat. It's ok, the wind is on its way, you'll get em next time
  • FloAlongFloAlong Posts: 46 Greenhorn
    Sounds like my day today. Not much going on at all. Saw three other boats fishing total all day.
    1979 23 cc SeaCraft Rebuilt By HermCo Twin 200 HPDI's "FloAlong"
    1999 16 Carolina Skiff 500cc Johnson Endeavor
    Team FloAlong videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/FloAlongFishingTeam?feature=mhee
  • permit 22permit 22 Posts: 89 Greenhorn
    Hi Rob, I'll be down in Key West in 10 days. I've got a trip booked with you on East Rider on the 10th. We are so looking forward to time on the water with you and your crew. I will pm you next week to find out your game plan and work out any logistics.
    Till then, tight lines, Rudy
  • urbanRenewalurbanRenewal Posts: 395 Officer
    It seems totally hit or miss out there the last few days. Nice trolling days but slow to zero. The last time I went out I actually tried for Bonito to have some fresh cut bait and couldn't raise one.

Imagine trolling small feathers close to the reef and NOT hooking a Bonito. :grin
    Capt. Tom Urban, "urbanRenewal", Cudjoe Key, FL www.LooeKeyReefAdventures.com
  • piner_wahoopiner_wahoo Posts: 3,661 Captain
    u can't catch what aint there.
    28' SEA VEE BRAND NEW 200 SUZUKI's- LIVE BAIT OFFSHORE WRECKS DEEP DROP REEFS BACKCOUNTRY
    CUSTOM CHARTERS u pick the boat- Capt.Harlan Trammell
    American Allegiance Charters -LOWER KEYS BACKCOUNTRY FISHING,LOBSTER dives, fish the 33' WORLDCAT w/ AOK+Allegiance!
    your boat or mine, my spots+my gear, your fish.
    BIG WAHOO
    checkout our new website- http://www.american-allegiance-charters.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Allegiance-Charters/708182519302079[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]