Fish Blood ?

Any sugestions on a product, or home remedy , that will remove fish blood from the floor of the boat ? I usually use soft scrub with bleach, but it isn't cutting it this time. Thanks

Replies

• Captain EasyCaptain Easy Posts: 149 Deckhand
    More bleach. If straight bleach won't take it off of fiberglass it may not be a blood stain. If it turns out to be a rust stain try some wink.
    Capt. Bruce Andersen
    Captain Easy Charters
    34 Crusader
    http://www.captaineasycharters.com/
    Easy Does It Fishing Charters
    Conch 27
    https://easydoesitfishing.com/
    305-360-2120
    Smugglers Marine
    Islamorada Florida
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,554 Moderator
    Try some Hydrogen Peroxide. That will loosen blood.
  • TavernierGuyTavernierGuy Posts: 917 Officer
    Spike your soft scrub with bleach. Make sure its the concentrated bleach. Also add a little salt water to the mixture. The salt will help pull it from the deck floor.

Try an acid based cleaner for cleaning white walls on the tire rims you get it at NAPA. Use very little and make sure you rinse it off right away. It will remove the blood, but be careful with it and wear gloves.
  • BD27BD27 Posts: 1,179 Officer
    Thanks Guys
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,182 AG
    I try to use "progressive cleaning" where I try to keep the deck, etc at least rinsed off as the day goes on. Most times you only need a wet rag..... but I'm also not afraid to whip the mop out, dunk it over the side and give an area a 15-30 second cleaning....... I sometimes pay the price of not doing that back at the dock! :kick
  • DogDocDogDoc Posts: 686 Officer
    Try some Hydrogen Peroxide. That will loosen blood.

X 2 on this.
    Also, an iguana hide has just the right amount of abrasiveness to scrub the deck...I'm just saying !
    (sorry, wrong thread :wink )
    DogDoc wrote: »
    Also, an iguana hide has just the right amount of abrasiveness to scrub the deck...I'm just saying !
    (sorry, wrong thread :wink )

Souns like a potential new business idea! 'Guana Pads!
    Gary M wrote: »
    Souns like a potential new business idea! 'Guana Pads!

I guess the name "I-pads" is already taken...
    DogDoc wrote: »
    I guess the name "I-pads" is already taken...

:funnypost
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,938 Moderator
    :Spittingcoffee
    "You'll get your weather"
  • NauticalWheelerNauticalWheeler Posts: 444 Deckhand
    Gary M wrote: »
    I try to use "progressive cleaning" where I try to keep the deck, etc at least rinsed off as the day goes on. Most times you only need a wet rag..... but I'm also not afraid to whip the mop out, dunk it over the side and give an area a 15-30 second cleaning....... I sometimes pay the price of not doing that back at the dock! :kick

Yep. Even just splashing a bucket of water on it and rubbing with a shoe will keep it from drying hard. We follow the rule where the person who caught the fish has to take a few seconds to clean the blood. It takes some discipline when there's a good bite going but it's well worth it.

If that fails... pressure washer.
    Yep. Even just splashing a bucket of water on it and rubbing with a shoe will keep it from drying hard. We follow the rule where the person who caught the fish has to take a few seconds to clean the blood. It takes some discipline when there's a good bite going but it's well worth it.

If that fails... pressure washer.
    That's what we usually do . I am not completely sure it's blood. I know it is not rust. I have a few drops on the lid of my fish box. pressure washer, soap and soft scrub did not take care of it. I also know it is not spray on sunscreen , I won't let that stuff near my boat !
  • sparse greysparse grey Posts: 1,751 Captain
    Bert--You are out doing yourself.
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.
  • NauticalWheelerNauticalWheeler Posts: 444 Deckhand
    Do you use menhaden oil? That's some nasty stuff to get off. After trying various things I used mineral spirits for that and it helped, but it was still a pain.
    Bert--You are out doing yourself.
    Ron; can you tell that the cabin fever is beginning to set in? 21 degrees and light snow here in SC.
    Do you use menhaden oil? That's some nasty stuff to get off. After trying various things I used mineral spirits for that and it helped, but it was still a pain.

?????? That might be it . Thanks