Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Reel Time Florida Sportsman

I know most of you don't fish :grin but if you appreciate a great fishing show, you need to check this out.

Watch a few episodes and you tell me what you think but in my opinion it's the best produced outdoors program out there with some incredible camera work with the most up to date info on what's happening around the state that you'll see anywhere.

No one else is doing anything like it, not even close. Its an awesome concept that they were actually able to make happen and is now a reality.

Coolest part is that the next episode could star you or me or anyone else that posts up a fishing report. Check it out.

http://www.floridasportsman.com/rtfs/
"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

Replies

• ducknfishducknfish Posts: 3,821 Officer
    Like the show & would like to see more of it & all the other fishing shows but until badketball season is over we are stuck with basketball in the timeslots fishing should run :banghead:banghead
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Port CanaveralPosts: 18,665 AG
    ducknfish wrote: »
    Like the show & would like to see more of it & all the other fishing shows but until badketball season is over we are stuck with basketball in the timeslots fishing should run :banghead:banghead

Click on the link and you can see all of the episodes. Good stuff.
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 3,797 Captain
    I agree Ferris, we've got some good fisher folks on here.
  • CranfieldCranfield Posts: 1,513 Captain
    I have been watching Reel Time since it started, there are some really excellent programmes in the series.
    Well worth a watch.
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Port CanaveralPosts: 18,665 AG
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    I'd like to see some of the NW brethren featured on the show. That would be pretty cool.

I can think of several who write exceptionally good reports and are very knowledgeable about our neck of the woods.

Hey if you see a report that stands out or a hot bite that one of our members is on, by all means, shoot FS Blair and Capt George Gozdz an IM and let them know.
  • JTRJTR Posts: 1,184 Officer
    It's a good show.

Love the see the local fishing around Florida.
  • OldgoldandwhiteOldgoldandwhite Posts: 252 Deckhand
    I have recorded and watched every show, but there are a lot of better shows out there. The FS people have had problems getting a good "host" for their show. He looks like he auditioned for the show and someone taught him to fish in about an hour. Just my opinion.
  • Capt George GozdzCapt George Gozdz Posts: 629 Officer
    I have recorded and watched every show, but there are a lot of better shows out there. The FS people have had problems getting a good "host" for their show. He looks like he auditioned for the show and someone taught him to fish in about an hour. Just my opinion.

:rotflmao They spent 2 hrs training me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Capt. George Gozdz
    Host "Reel Time with Florida Sportsman"
    www.floridasportsman.com/rtfs

Flatlined Charters
    www.flatlinedcharters.com
  • CranfieldCranfield Posts: 1,513 Captain

Thats a fine example of how perceptions differ, I thought that of all the fishing show hosts I have seen, Capt Gozdz struck me as being the fisherman first and the "personality host" second.
    Which is how I prefer it.
    The sailfish kite fishing episode out of Boca Raton is a classic.
  • seabiscuitseabiscuit Posts: 1,044 Officer
    Cranfield wrote: »
    Thats a fine example of how perceptions differ, I thought that of all the fishing show hosts I have seen, Capt Gozdz struck me as being the fisherman first and the "personality host" second.
    Which is how I prefer it.
    The sailfish kite fishing episode out of Boca Raton is a classic.

Well said Cranfield. And, Oldgoldandwhite, perhaps offer some suggestions and encouragement rather than a harsh critique given he is new at this role..:)
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 3,103 Captain
    As a director, when I did musicals I would always rather have had an actor who could sing a little rather than a singer who could act a little.
    I'm guessing what we have here is a fisherman who is learning to host. It's not easy being in front of the camera AND trying to fish. If it were, I'd have my own show, though I'd probably be the host who could fish a little and nobody would learn anything! Well, maybe how to catch grunts and seabass. That'd be good for about 7 minutes, right?
    Proverbs 13:3
  • trout069trout069 Posts: 5,360 Admiral
    Capt George has been at it a while.like FF said he is a fisherman learning the ways of the camera.is this show better than Into the Blue,Salt Water experiance?overall they are all the same,teaching you something and not just landing fish.Fla Sportsman show does target specfic regions and that is better than just fishing in the Keys.and all the shows are (whether they relize it)copying what Jose Wjebe started,teach a little something while catching fish for tv and get paid for it.
  • omegafooomegafoo Posts: 3,127 Captain
    I like the show and would like to see some of the panhandle offshore bite from time-to-time but...I would not be riding 50 miles offshore on his boat :wink Or maybe a panhandle spring cobia fishing episode?

With a 2 y/o forcing me to memorize Veggie Tales, Lady and the ****, Polar Express, Rudolph, Cars, Toy Story (they all go in spurts) I will say that I haven't seen many lately and the ones I listed above might been recorded.
    omegafoo wrote: »
    With a 2 y/o forcing me to memorize Veggie Tales, Lady and the ****, Polar Express, Rudolph, Cars, Toy Story (they all go in spurts) I will say that I haven't seen many lately and the ones I listed above might been recorded.

Dang............

That brings back memories.

Actually, nightmares of a purple dinosaur. :willynilly
    I prefer a host and guest that are not professional TV personalities.

The mistakes, gaffs and sometimes awkwardness is what gives the show the realism of a true fishing trip and not a scripted production.

Y'all keep up the good work Captain!
    someone like Flat sick,Old dog or YakMak or Saltygator for some inshore?
  • Capt George GozdzCapt George Gozdz Posts: 629 Officer
    I'm looking guys! Would love to get up that way sooner than later. Oh and thanks for the kind words. I'm just a regular fishing guy that's been given a great opportunity. I'll take some acting classes in the off season if it will help the show:dance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Capt. George Gozdz
    Host "Reel Time with Florida Sportsman"
    www.floridasportsman.com/rtfs

Flatlined Charters
    www.flatlinedcharters.com
  • seabiscuitseabiscuit Posts: 1,044 Officer
    Come up to the FS Northwest Bash on June 7th at The Moorings Marina and meet everyone. If you want to get a great inshore show around our area, I would enlist Kayakmacgyver. He is a great fisherman, story teller and has posted some awesome reports on the forum. If you want offshore, then enlist Grouper Sandwich and Mullet. They bring in some serious hauls and have been fishing offshore for decades.
  • KayakMacGyverKayakMacGyver Posts: 1,010 Officer
    Thanks for the kind words Seabiscuit.

Capt. George, you all have put together a really great show. I remember seeing some if the first episodes early on that we're posted on the forum but I had no idea it had moved to cable. Already set the series to record on my DVR. Nice to see a show that goes around fishing with "regular folks." Although I do enjoy watching a show that features a guide, it's refreshing when you feature someone who is just out there having fun and has nothing to promote or gain (other than their pride, maybe.) The biggest bonus, in my opinion, is that it's all in Florida. Way cool to see places I've fished before or plan to fish on T.V. Keep it up, I hope to enjoy watching it for a long time to come.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    They Can't Us "You Should Have Been There Yesterday"...........Because We Were!
  • ducknfishducknfish Posts: 3,821 Officer
    Watching it now...huge bull reds!
  • IndianLagoonIndianLagoon Posts: 1,890 Captain
    I'm looking guys! Would love to get up that way sooner than later. Oh and thanks for the kind words. I'm just a regular fishing guy that's been given a great opportunity. I'll take some acting classes in the off season if it will help the show:dance

I appreciate the show's concept. Florida's fishery is as diverse as the fishing styles used throughout the state. It's interesting getting perspectives from guys just like us who have often figured out a method or strategy by trial and error. Don't be afraid to insult my intelligence or show me an unorthodox method. I loved the episode in Tampa Bay with the gags along the docks... great work.
    The Gags along docks was quite cool.the expression on Capt. George's face said it all,he did not belive and watching show viewer did not either.after the 2nd 1 everybody knew it was the real deal.that,the surf fishing for sharks and nighttime swordfish shows were pretty cool.Swordfish almost pulled you over Capt.