Tuesday and Weds Wahoo, dolphin, Sails off Tavernier

Wind was honking out of the South/Southwest on Tuesday. Went looking for wahoo in the morning with Virgil and Mike. Took 1 nice one on a blue/white islander. Found a mess of schoolies in 130ft and few football tuna. Released 1 sailfish. Bigger boats with pilchards were releasing 5-10 releases per boat. A little rough for me to take photos, but managed some.

Decided at the last minute to go wahoo fishing solo before the front today (Weds). Went 1 for 2 then went home

Have a good rest of the week.

Ryan

Replies

• Chewdog2121Chewdog2121 Posts: 469 Officer
    You have been long overdue for a report Captain, we've all been waiting, haha. Awesome job! Not a lot of info coming out of this area, always enjoy hearing about your exploits. You are the man on the hoos!
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,141 AG
    Nice fish AND the new deck on the Good Karma looks awesome!
  • Angler_2600Angler_2600 Posts: 1,104 Officer
    Nice catch Capt
  • AMPEDAMPED Posts: 603 Officer
    Well done!
    2016 39 Sea Vee
    2008 37 Ocean Billfish
    2005 30 Grady-White Marlin
    1993 27 Ultress Catamaran
    1985 Grady-White Trophy
  • Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    :beer
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
  • ShallowSaltShallowSalt Posts: 195 Officer
    Awesome couple days for ya. Nice fish.
  • urbanRenewalurbanRenewal Posts: 395 Officer
    got that new SeaDek bloody! Good work Ryan.
    Capt. Tom Urban, "urbanRenewal", Cudjoe Key, FL www.LooeKeyReefAdventures.com
  • TavernierGuyTavernierGuy Posts: 917 Officer
    We beat the crap out of the SeaDek! I was little skeptical about it as most people are, but my deck was shot and needed something done fast.

We had the boat caked with dolphin and wahoo blood. Boat cleaning went from 1.5 hours to 10 minutes with this stuff. Blood nor chum sticks to it. Bad part is Melinda expects me back home sooner after fishing for honey do projects. :wink
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,141 AG
    Bad part is Melinda expects me back home sooner after fishing for honey do projects. :wink

Tell her that it needs a special "1-Hour Rum & Coke Post Washing Treatment" afterwards!

Ryan has a mini-article on his web site about his new, custom flooring! Check it out!