Home General Fishing

Best $250 Offshore Reel?

2»

Replies

• FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    Made much bigger mistake by replying with completely Off Topic personal attack against contributor on your "ignore list".
    It was a mistake to take Fibber off my "ignore list" to read this post. Guy doesn't want opinions even when he asks for them.

Your only purpose was "trying to bust somebody's balls". Instead of ignoring, or contributing, you only detract.
    "some vendetta against Alan Tani"?

"Caught Tuna North banging his wife"?

What a bunch of angry, Off Topic, delusional stalkers "trying to bust somebody's balls" w/o any opinion on the 'Best $250 Offshore Reel'.

Thanks to contributors who volunteered to post On Topic.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,054 Admiral
    OK Fibber, if you want a opinion, what line class are you talking about and what is your general target species and I will give you a "on topic" answer. Deepdropping for Golden tilefish, vertical jigging for AJ's or high speed trolling for Wahoo in the Bahamas. What is it? Offshore can mean a lot of things.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• bigfishrossbigfishross Posts: 122 Deckhand
    ck. out sharkriver.com for the saltist very good price
    bigfshross
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    conchydong wrote: »
    OK Fibber, if you want a opinion, what line class are you talking about and what is your general target species and I will give you a "on topic" answer. Deepdropping for Golden tilefish, vertical jigging for AJ's or high speed trolling for Wahoo in the Bahamas. What is it? Offshore can mean a lot of things.

You think you'll ever get a straightforward/complete/direct answer (or just more rambling rants) ???
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
    You think Mr. stamas will ever follow his own decision & simply ignore my "rambling rants" on this General Fishing topic - instead of obsessively stalking, posting Off Topic attacks & even stooping to insult my "wife (or daughter/s)" on New Years Day???

If Mr. **** were sincere he'd have read thru this thread, found his questions mostly answered & realized candidates for the 'Best $250 Offshore Reel' had been winnowed down to a relatively short list - BEFORE injecting his ludicrous 'Alan Tani Vendetta Theory'.

Of course, Mr. **** could've opened w/Pros & Cons of ANY '$250 Offshore Reel' ever made.

Asked the Q w/the understanding that getting "a straightforward/complete/direct answer" to any Ford vs. Chevy derby is impossible. There may be no definitive answer. However among the longer list of candidates narrowing it down to 2 competitors is useful.

Seems to have boiled down to the 'Best $250 Offshore Reel' from Avet, Daiwa, Shimano, or Release & in this Dog Show perhaps in that order. Will have to take a closer look at Avet's.

Please keep your Off Topic BS at home. Or do you want readers speculating about nefarious carnal activities involving the women in your life?
  • BacklashBacklash Posts: 880 Officer
    Well, even though it's not in your top 4 manufacturers, I'm calling this the winner:
    http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/spo/4230418470.html
    And you'd have enough coin left to put new line on her too.
  • bnzbnz Posts: 183 Deckhand
    I've got the saltist, TLD, and Release SG. I know there are a lot of TLD fans out there and they have boated a lot of fish over the years, but in my opinion, once you fish a nicer reel you will never go back to the TLD. I was on a boat a couple of months ago where the owner had his TLDs and didn't want a lot of other rods on the boat. I begrudgingly left my rod/reels in my vehicle. We hooked into a 15-20/ lb dorado and he handed me the rod with TLD on it. After fighting the fish for a couple of minutes I just handed the rod and reel to him and told him I wasn't going to fight a fish on that junk reel. Wasn't even fun.

As far as my saltists, they haven't seen the water since I picked up some little accurates, which in turn aren't being fished since picking up my Release SG's. That should tell you something right there. :) Forget the little Avets, they don't even come close in terms of drag strength compared to the SG. (14 oz, 30 lbs drag, will hold 480 yds of 55 lb braid).