Home General Paddle Craft

GoPro Hero 3+ Settings?

Hey guys I could use some help. Ive used my GPH3 twice now and the battery only last about 30 minutes. I thought the batteries were suppose to last a few hrs. I have mine set at 1080 normal view (not fisheye or wide) no wifi no protune...... What are you GPH users have yours set on?
Now that im on the subject of GPH I use a head band but did make a pole. How much should I extend the pole when fishing?
:banghead

Replies

• I didn't bother picking up the 3 because of the complaints about the battery. My 2 I have a bacpac for and it lasts upwards of 5 hours fully charged. The wifi battery I hear lasts a max of one hour. It's pretty bad.
  • kwanza98kwanza98 Posts: 611 Officer
    You probably have your camera on 1 button mode. If you do it doesn't go off and it will drain your battery or make sure your wifi is really truned off. That happened to me when I first got mine and had to make a few calls. The 1 button mode doesn't work properly and you need to really make sure you turn it off. Let me know if any of this helps!
    Kwanza Kayaking Henderson
  • Ol SargeOl Sarge Posts: 290 Deckhand
    kwanza thanks I will check THAT today
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,344 Moderator
    I have the GP3 Black, and the battery life is indeed disappointing.
    I have tried mounting it to the front hatch and using the remote to turn it on and off, but the remote was laggy and ultimately useless. So I tried using my phone to control it, if I got 3 hrs of standby time with the darn wi-fi on it would be a miracle.

I now just keep it on my head and in the off position (with wifi off) and turn it on when the action begins. I think a larger battery and the GP3+ housing are purchases in my near future.
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • CrstyCptSWitherspoonCrstyCptSWitherspoon Posts: 590 Officer
    jcanracer wrote: »
    I have the GP3 Black, and the battery life is indeed disappointing.
    I have tried mounting it to the front hatch and using the remote to turn it on and off, but the remote was laggy and ultimately useless. So I tried using my phone to control it, if I got 3 hrs of standby time with the darn wi-fi on it would be a miracle.

I now just keep it on my head and in the off position (with wifi off) and turn it on when the action begins. I think a larger battery and the GP3+ housing are purchases in my near future.

Basically the same story from everyone that has it. The battery life is a huge turn off for me and I won't even buy it due to this. The fact I need a battery bacpac to make it last a decent amount of time is ridiculous plus now it will be all bulky as a head mount. The wifi battery can't be helped either(remote). It's a shame contour is going out of business. Was just about to pick one of those up.
  • Captain YakCaptain Yak Posts: 679 Officer
    I have the hero 3 black edition. I use the remote and the backpack. I have pretty good luck most of the time with it. The battery will last about 3-4 hours of me intermittently using it. I noticed that after a few charge cycles, the battery life was better.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If you don't lose, you will eventually win.
    - Helio Gracie

Links:
    YouTube - SoFlo Kayak Fishing
    Valente Brother's Jiu-Jitsu Fort Lauderdale
  • kwanza98kwanza98 Posts: 611 Officer
    Ol Sarge no problem. Let me know how it turns out
    Kwanza Kayaking Henderson