Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Looking for some guidance, Sebastian area.

I'm taking a trip to sebastian this weekend, "I know its going to be a mad house." Anyways I'm used to fishing Titusville, mosquito lagoon/Indian river area in a john boat and wading. I've had some good luck last year but I'm trying to target a new area in a 15' Boston whaler. I'm looking for some options of where to launch and what to be targeting. I've caught my fair share of reds and trout in the flats but this will be my first time in this area and in this boat so I'm hoping for some good advise from experienced anglers. I'd really like to get on a few snook if possible but I'm more curious of where I should launching with this specific setup? Thanks for any help!
2006 Maverick Master Angler SOLD
2016 Sea Hunt Gamefish 25

Replies

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,925 AG
    There are plenty of ramps..Main street ramp ...and Yacht club ramp... are in Sebastian proper ....Christiansens is north in Grant. There is a ramp at the inlet but you must pay entrance fee. Wimbrow ramp puts you up the Sebastian river...and there is a ramp at Wabasso causeway ( CR 510)
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • Settin_HooksSettin_Hooks Posts: 237 Deckhand
    Thanks, Any other info? I'm not touching the inlet, I would like to but I know how crazy it gets and I'm no where near comfortable yet in this boat. Not to mention the lead chuckers.
  • JethroJethro Posts: 409 Deckhand
    you know that you can have the lead chuckers arrested for battery? I have done it and had the ranger arrested too. That north jetty isn't owned by the pedestrian anglers.
    Not to sound like a d-bag....but IMHO... without a good bit of local knowledge and some premium baits...You will not produce unless you do the inlet.
    There are some scattered fish around some docks..and some windy points.....but it is hit or miss.

When the tide is boiling in or out..use that time to load your baitwell with everything you can get your hands on....and when the tide slows down...get in line and do what everyone else is doing...don't cut ahead...make your pass and then start at the back of the line and go again...

Otherwise...leave the boat home and walk the sand early and late...
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • FishyGirlFishyGirl Posts: 715 Officer
    That area can be tough. For your boat, the River is a good spot. You can get out of the wind if it picks up. And yes to what Jr said. Not to discurage you, but we camped there often enough to have some good inshore spots. The last time we were down there they weren't like years past.
    "America will never be destroyed from outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves"
    --Abraham Lincoln
  • InshorebasherInshorebasher Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    you can also anchor around the South Pier T-docks and theres plenty of fish swimming through
    Hey, was that you today (Sunday) with the whaler with the Mercury...and blonde girl aboard wearing a black shirt and jean colored shorts...?
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • Settin_HooksSettin_Hooks Posts: 237 Deckhand
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    Hey, was that you today (Sunday) with the whaler with the Mercury...and blonde girl aboard wearing a black shirt and jean colored shorts...?

Haha its been a couple months but yes duck man that was me!! Where the hell where you, I didn't end up braving the inlet haha.. Picked up a few small reds and jacks in the backwaters though.