Re powering advice and recommendations.

bonebone OfficerPosts: 1,139 Officer
Looking to repower my 2002 2350 Bluewater. Want twin Susuki 140s. Best place to purchase and have installed. Looking for a trusted place with a reasonable price and trade in value. $23,000 best I have so far but dont know if that is good or not. Thanks

Replies

• fishknutfishknut Captain Posts: 3,928 Captain
    Nick's Creative Marine in West Palm.
    Fail to plan, plan to fail.......
  • FS DanFS Dan Moderator Posts: 2,353 Moderator
    Did you check with Bluewater, you might be able to get a good deal thru them as they get OEM pricing.

CMD
    Formerly Catmandew
  • Captain DaveCaptain Dave Captain Posts: 3,392 Captain
    fishknut wrote: »
    Nick's Creative Marine in West Palm.

Nick's is who I would reach out to. I have several friends who have had repowers done by them with no complaints.
    72262-albums10528-picture94957.jpg

Your Southeast Florida Real Estate Resource !
    www.HomesOfTreasureCoast.com

Search for homes on any mobile device with my FREE MLS SEARCH App !
    http://app.kw.com/KW2GYNJDM
  • bonebone Officer Posts: 1,139 Officer
    Kind of wierd. Nick's is the only outboard dealer in SE FL with a BBB F rating. And a criminal history. Great.
  • fishknutfishknut Captain Posts: 3,928 Captain
    bone wrote: »
    Kind of wierd. Nick's is the only outboard dealer in SE FL with a BBB F rating. And a criminal history. Great.

Really? When I was there with a friend who's rig was getting repowered, he was slammed balls to the walls busy.
    Fail to plan, plan to fail.......
  • cookin outcookin out Deckhand Posts: 237 Deckhand
    fishknut wrote: »
    Really? When I was there with a friend who's rig was getting repowered, he was slammed balls to the walls busy.

Just means some are sheep, some are stupid and some have not heard.......just like my local Goodyear dealer.....biggest bunch of crooks in town but always seem very busy.... and.... I dont know a single person that would ever go there again....
  • pottydocpottydoc Captain The thriving metropolis of Umatilla Posts: 3,414 Captain
    Don't know anything about the guy being posted about, but I can tell you that BBB ratings can, and often are, waaaaay off. All it takes is a couple complaints (and folks are much more likely to complain to BBB, than compliment), and your rating goes into the dumpster. And if you don't pay them the $$ to join, you can't reply to any of the complaints. BBB is all about making money, and doesn't give a rat's butt about anyone who won't pony up to join them.
  • 23Dusky23Dusky Deckhand Posts: 56 Deckhand
    Looking to repower my 2002 2350 Bluewater. Want twin Susuki 140s. Best place to purchase and have installed. Looking for a trusted place with a reasonable price and trade in value. $23,000 best I have so far but dont know if that is good or not. Thanks

If you want to come down towards the tampa area, Robert at Precision Marine 727-518-2151 http://precisionmarineoflargo.com/ is a great place. Just bought my second engine from him last month. I don't think he takes trade ins, but will help you sell the old one. My buddy also just bought twin 250s a few months ago.
  • HighSpeedPursuitHighSpeedPursuit Deckhand Posts: 176 Deckhand
    Have you tried Diamond Suzuki in NSB? They had very good prices when I repowered years ago.

http://diamondmotorsandmarine.com/marine/
  • sneaky snookersneaky snooker Officer Posts: 746 Officer
    pottydoc wrote: »
    Don't know anything about the guy being posted about, but I can tell you that BBB ratings can, and often are, waaaaay off. All it takes is a couple complaints (and folks are much more likely to complain to BBB, than compliment), and your rating goes into the dumpster. And if you don't pay them the $$ to join, you can't reply to any of the complaints. BBB is all about making money, and doesn't give a rat's butt about anyone who won't pony up to join them.
    That is an ignorant statement. Period
    2015 Shearwater 23 TE w/ Yamaha SHO 250
  • pottydocpottydoc Captain The thriving metropolis of Umatilla Posts: 3,414 Captain
    I suppose you have had first hand experience with the BBB? I owned a plumbing business (my partner still runs it) in SE Fl for many years. We got contacted by the BBB, and were told that we had a complaint filed against us, so our rating was an F. They said the only way we could respond was to join first. We told them no thanks. They continued to call us once or twice a month for over two years, telling us about all the work we were losing, and how no one would use anyone with an F rating. Worried us real bad too, considering we turned down work and invitations to bid about twice a week. Maybe ours wasn't a usual experience with them, but the jack leg who kept calling us was worse than a telemarket used car salesman. You not having a clue as to what happened to us, and putting up a post about it, is what's ignorant. Period.
  • dwyermwdwyermw Deckhand Posts: 336 Deckhand
    Talon Marine in Oviedo - Suzuki dealer - terrific prices /service
    2009 Skeeter ZX2250 current
    2007 Sea Hunt 220 Triton (sold)
    Skeeter ZX24V, 300 HP Yamaha (sold)
    1890 SE Action Craft, 175 HP Evinrude Ficht (sold)
    Hewes Tailfisher (sold)
    Toyota Tundra 5.7 SR5
  • sneaky snookersneaky snooker Officer Posts: 746 Officer
    pottydoc wrote: »
    I suppose you have had first hand experience with the BBB? I owned a plumbing business (my partner still runs it) in SE Fl for many years. We got contacted by the BBB, and were told that we had a complaint filed against us, so our rating was an F. They said the only way we could respond was to join first. We told them no thanks. They continued to call us once or twice a month for over two years, telling us about all the work we were losing, and how no one would use anyone with an F rating. Worried us real bad too, considering we turned down work and invitations to bid about twice a week. Maybe ours wasn't a usual experience with them, but the jack leg who kept calling us was worse than a telemarket used car salesman. You not having a clue as to what happened to us, and putting up a post about it, is what's ignorant. Period.
    The generalization you made was ignorant. I don't get in online pissing matches . I can only speak for my experience with 37 years in the service business. Have a great day and I wish you luck
    2015 Shearwater 23 TE w/ Yamaha SHO 250
  • cookin outcookin out Deckhand Posts: 237 Deckhand
    The generalization you made was ignorant. I don't get in online pissing matches .

Too funny