Home Photography Corner

question for the canon guys

Don BDon B Posts: 857 Officer
Several years back my wife bought me a canon EOS40D, although I'm not big into photography, I have added several lenses. I am now thinking of up grading cameras, are the lenses compatible for all the EOS frames?

Replies

• WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    Ping MississippiMac or Armando.
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    yes they are...
    all the way back to the 35mm film eos cameras....
    however canon e-fs canon glass will not work with a full frame camera without serious vignetting...

i still shoot with my 40d and xti...
    both of these bodies have seen brutal conditions riding in a bay boat in very rough chop, wading in bayous and lagoons shooting wild life and flora with water up to my shoulders...and they still capture great images and work perfectly...
    don't let loose of your 40d....

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    See I knew Mac was lurking not too far away and would have the answer. Peace.
  • Don BDon B Posts: 857 Officer
    Thank you very much for the info, I'll think about the change in body's, or maybe just spend the money on a new lens, I have seen a link to a nice one in another post.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,193 AG
    See I knew Mac was lurking not too far away and would have the answer. Peace.

Only because I rung him up at work. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
    Flash wrote: »
    Only because I rung him up at work. :grin

lol....you're sorta right....

i'd have seen it a little later, i always check here several times a day....

but it's all good....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

#12976, joined 8-17-2002
    Don.....

Don B wrote: »
    Thank you very much for the info, I'll think about the change in body's, or maybe just spend the money on a new lens, I have seen a link to a nice one in another post.

i wasn't trying to push you away from getting a new and better body like a 7d or a full frame....
    just advising you to hang on to the 40d for a second body...

other than the 7d, it's one of the best crop bodies that canon made...

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

#12976, joined 8-17-2002