Skip to main content
Home General Hunting

finally got stink off....

Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,851 Moderator
wrong time wrong place for this particular doe.

tasty tasty!

IMG_20131123_174808_zps59b84169.jpg

IMG_20131123_200338_zpsf50a4cd1.jpg
"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"

Replies

• bluewatermafiabluewatermafia Posts: 540 Officer
    Yessir!!! Nice! Looks like an awesome shot! Can't wait for the story in the morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • mrbillmrbill Posts: 1,194 Officer
    heck yea good deal
  • snookyjsnookyj Posts: 1,687 Officer
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,851 Moderator
    Not much of a story really... just a good ol' fashion no whackin!

She had two more does behind her and I shot her right here. If you look closely you can see the lighted nock. I had a camera set up, but completely forgot to turn the joker on.
    IMG_20131123_164530_zps8f78578f.jpg
    The wind was swirling a little bit and it would not have been long until she entered the road and my scent cone. It would have been nice to wait to see the other deer with her, but I felt like I needed to take the opportunity she gave me when she paused. Drilled her at 15 yards or so.

Crazy part was the complete lack of blood. Here's what I was dealing with:

IMG_20131123_173322_zps11a7a333.jpg
    Arrow had good blood on it. Thankfully I shot her with plenty of light so I was able to get a good visual on the direction she headed. I went that way very very slowly and finally found some kicked up leaves. Then a drop of blood. Drop. Drop. Drop. Drop. Doesn't look it, but I guess the shot was a bit high. It was hot yesterday and I tracked for about an hour. That being said, I field dressed her and you would not believe the amount of blood pooled up in her body cavity. I could have bathed in it. Anyway, she made it probably 75 yards (I'll check GPS later) and died like she should have, just no blood on the ground. Shot her with 100 grain Swhacker. This is the second deer I've killed with one, and they straight up blast through some bone. Neither have left much of a blood trail, though. Both shots were a little high, though.

IMG_20131123_210606_zps68345444.jpg
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • ReelAffair23ReelAffair23 Posts: 788 Officer
    Way to get it done, congrats!
  • creekgeekcreekgeek Posts: 1,175 Officer
    Nice. That exit wound looked good to me but after reading your note on lack of bloodtrail and looking back at it I guess I can see a couple inches worth of chest cavity for holding blood. I'm back out again tomorrow AM to see if I can whack one more with the bow before I get tired of sitting and move on to the .410 and the tree rats!
  • flydownflydown Posts: 6,464 Admiral
    It's always good to get the Stink off! Congrats on the Nanny.
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do