Skip to main content
Home General Hunting

Hunting shows: Regardless of how you feel about them....

Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,851 Moderator
Is it my cable package, or are there fewer this year than in the past decade?

I come home most days for lunch and I used to be able to find shows / blatant product promo / decent hunts, etc. pretty much every day. If I couldn't find one at lunch, I could find one after the wife went to bed.

I can't find squat this year.

Yall seeing (or not seeing) the same thing? My provider was recently bought out by a different company, and that could have something to do with it, but I don't know.
"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"

Replies

• AMobleyAMobley Posts: 202 Deckhand
    outdoor channel.... though I would like to see more duck hunting... maybe im just saying that because it opens in two days
  • Chase1Chase1 Posts: 80 Deckhand
    yep outdoor channel always has hunting but they're mostly mule deer hunts.
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,851 Moderator
    I think this has a lot to do with it. Just realized that I have not seen Outdoor Chan pop up in it's normal spot in the queue... scrolled and scrolled... finally found it and it's 5 channels above PPV adult channels.

I guess we lost that Outdoor Channel on our package when Knology sold to "WOW". Yeah, not sure how I feel about "WOW". We paid out the nose for internet, TV and phone line before, and since "WOW" came in, the price went up another $20 and I lost at least Outdoor Channel. Aside from them, I swear I used to see other hunting programs too.

Thinking this is a local issue.

Need to find a way around this. Problem is WOW is the only bundle provider in my neighborhood, so I'm stuck. I need hard phone line (various reasons), internet and TV. If I start piecemealing I spend even more. Paying even more money for extra channels is also out of the question.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • acarbacarb Posts: 2,357 Captain
    I have Mediacom (sucks) and it has a couple but I cant remember the channel.I do wish there were more and something more informative than some dude shooting fence deer and his advertising paying for it.
  • AllenRAllenR Posts: 2,702 Captain
    Kinda funny.....
    Last night my wife was watching soap opera network. As a joke, I grabbed the remote and turned on the outdoor channel, and walked out of the room with the remote. SHe starts laughing and says...the joke's on you!! Outdoor channel is all of a sudden gone from my cable package. Still have Sportsman's channel.
    Verizon FIOS
  • BuckDaddyBuckDaddy Posts: 644 Officer
    NBC Sports channel... carries Deer & Deer Hunting, among others...
  • blackmagicblackmagic Posts: 59 Greenhorn
    www.myoutdoortv.com
    $5 a month and watch all you want.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,965 AG
    Pan- you can't add it back? Get dish or DTV
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • Lunch Money SurfLunch Money Surf Posts: 1,033 Officer
    They made them pay channels here too and I told them to have a coke and a smile...
  • KayakMacGyverKayakMacGyver Posts: 1,010 Officer
    I've got a few outdoor channels with Centurylink....commucast makes you buy a sports package to get anything decent.

One I really like is Solo Hunters. Usually comes on Friday nights and seems pretty legit. They don't always harvest game and you can tell the guys have do a LOT of work to produce that show. Check it out if you get it...
    They Can't Us "You Should Have Been There Yesterday"...........Because We Were!
  • Derek ArsuaDerek Arsua Posts: 2,474 Captain
    Well I wouldn't know we had Comcast Xfinity installed in August had service for 6 days and some jack n ape drove down the road with taller then the clearance limit of the wires and disconnected us hooked up aug 16th pulled down August 22 nobody ever came out to repair the line and we are now in a heated battle over the $500+ they think we owe them for a service that was not consumed for the last 4 months. I will absolutely never be a customer of there ever again there work ethic is sloppy and negligent and the customer assistance is beyond useless and the reps are nasty. That's pretty good lose 7 new customers in 6 days. With numbers like that you can't be too big to fail!!!!! That what we were told about how we have been treated basiclly said ah well the company is too big to fail. Oh and there high speed Internet only runs at about 1/3rd what they say it will. He whole company stinks so bad you can smell the stench up wind. They are out of there mind if they think I owe them a dime for being **** on. Atleast at work I'm getting paid for it

Disclaimer for all the clowns on here I do not get paid to be literally **** upon!
  • flydownflydown Posts: 6,464 Admiral
    Well I wouldn't know we had Comcast Xfinity installed in August had service for 6 days and some jack n ape drove down the road with taller then the clearance limit of the wires and disconnected us hooked up aug 16th pulled down August 22 nobody ever came out to repair the line and we are now in a heated battle over the $500+ they think we owe them for a service that was not consumed for the last 4 months. I will absolutely never be a customer of there ever again there work ethic is sloppy and negligent and the customer assistance is beyond useless and the reps are nasty. That's pretty good lose 7 new customers in 6 days. With numbers like that you can't be too big to fail!!!!! That what we were told about how we have been treated basiclly said ah well the company is too big to fail. Oh and there high speed Internet only runs at about 1/3rd what they say it will. He whole company stinks so bad you can smell the stench up wind. They are out of there mind if they think I owe them a dime for being **** on. Atleast at work I'm getting paid for it

Disclaimer for all the clowns on here I do not get paid to be literally **** upon!

Good thing you're not bitter.. Lol!
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do