Jointed swimbaits, ever use them?

SwizzleSwizzle OfficerPosts: 534 Officer
A buddy just sent me some videos of these things in action. Particularly 8 jointed ones. The action was fantastic and life like. Anyone use these for snook or tarpon?

Replies

• tarponhuntertarponhunter Deckhand Posts: 333 Deckhand
    I've used some of the magic swimmer from sebile both the soft and hard version and i love them. the action is great and they look super realistic. I have had some good success with snook on them.
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Captain Posts: 3,527 Captain
    theyre also excellent for slow trolling..
  • SaltyOspreySaltyOsprey Greenhorn Posts: 56 Greenhorn
    Got one from basspro, caught my first jack on a totally blind cast.
  • hammerhead01hammerhead01 Deckhand Posts: 165 Deckhand
    I`ve caught plenty of Kings with the Sebile Magic Swimmer. The 9 inch one. slow trolled, it works anytime there are Kings or Spanish Mac`s around.
  • ~~Mutt~~~~Mutt~~ Deckhand Posts: 478 Deckhand
    I've used some of the magic swimmer from sebile both the soft and hard version and i love them. the action is great and they look super realistic. I have had some good success with snook on them.

I use the same.. 2 issues with them for me...
    On the hard swimmers..The hooks are too weak for a 3 ft Cobia... Over slot reds will also bend the hooks

And the soft..my favorites.. 3 hits/hookups and they are toast.. and them not cheap to buy.. usually about 14 bucks for a pack of 3

But... They do produce and never...Never do I leave the dock without an Rapalla X-Rap Saltwater ...Olive Green and Silver as a backup