Shallow draft skiff with a pad, who makes one?

Shadowcast777Shadowcast777 Posts: 157 Officer
In search of a new boat, the boat I have now is a tunnel hull which is excellent for riding around super skinny but I love the efficient design of boat that can get up and ride on a running pad. Looking for a boat that has 90 hp or less still like being able to poll it in 8 inches or less. Looking for a older design or new boat just don't have 20k plus to spend. The only other boat that I have been on that fits the bill is maverick hpx 17 and 18 but big$$$. Looking for some info

Replies

• dwyermwdwyermw Posts: 336 Deckhand
    Find a used action craft 1720 - perfect
    2009 Skeeter ZX2250 current
    2007 Sea Hunt 220 Triton (sold)
    Skeeter ZX24V, 300 HP Yamaha (sold)
    1890 SE Action Craft, 175 HP Evinrude Ficht (sold)
    Hewes Tailfisher (sold)
    Toyota Tundra 5.7 SR5
  • FS DanFS Dan Posts: 2,349 Moderator
    I seem to remember a 17 step hull being built by someone over on the west coast. I cant remember the name, (**** crs)

I think he was going for the F70 for power. someone may be able to chime in on the name.

CMD
    Formerly Catmandew
  • skiffjunkyskiffjunky Posts: 37 Greenhorn
    Catmandew wrote: »
    I seem to remember a 17 step hull being built by someone over on the west coast. I cant remember the name, (**** crs)

I think he was going for the F70 for power. someone may be able to chime in on the name.

CMD

Bohemian 17?
  • FS DanFS Dan Posts: 2,349 Moderator
    That's it, couldn't remember if it ever went into full production.

CMD
    Formerly Catmandew
  • KLUELESS IIKLUELESS II Posts: 262 Officer
    I just bought the Seachaser 200 flats series from Carolina skiff. The hull is a HOOG mold bought by C.C. awhile back. I did a lot of research prior to my purchase and had a budget as well. I am extremely impressed with the ride and draft (spec'ed at 7"" a little closer to 8 with a full tank). With Bennet power trim tabs and a Atlas Jackplate will run 53MPH with a Evinrude ETEC 150 HO. It is a very dry ride and won't beat ya to death in a moderate chop. Had it out earlier this week in a 15/ 20 MPH crosswind/chop and only got lightly sprayed quartering the chop.
    As far as price point mine was new so budget wise not comparable. There are a limited # of used ones on the market but it seems that owners don't part easily with them.
    My only complaint so far is that the non skid decking is "soft" so small nicks and scratches are evident if you drop something heavy and sharp.
    Pics of mine are on my profile and you can PM with any additional questions.

Best of luck & times, KLUELESS
    Time and Tide wait for no man, but time always stands still for a woman of thirty.