Home Tropics

Biminites Live in Fear of Speaking out!

2»

Replies

• SapingasKangasSapingasKangas Posts: 279 Officer
    Biminiwall wrote: »
    You are still failing to realize that all we are doing is echoing the Bimininites feelings.

Your analogy is crap considering there are millions of Cuban Americans in Miami trying to dictate what happens in Cuba. Your ignorance shines brighter than 1000 suns.

You silly Cytranic. Millions, only a couple come to mind, like the Diaz-Balart brothers and Ros-Lehtinen, and they froth out the mouth only to garner votes. They've been echoing sentiments for decades and what has changed. But you keep pounding that war drum till your heart's content. Silly person you.
  • Blue ZoneBlue Zone Posts: 414 Officer
    Agreed, and we'll have the same result of changing hearts and minds in Bimini as we did in Iraq. Hey everything in life is risk and reward. My parents and grandparents, all born in Spain, moved to Cuba and lost everything to the Castro regime. So I know risk all too well.

I'm one up on ya; three generations on my side down the tubes in Cuba, but let's not go there. Biminiwall makes a good point.
  • Blue ZoneBlue Zone Posts: 414 Officer
    You silly Cytranic. Millions, only a couple come to mind, like the Diaz-Balart brothers and Ros-Lehtinen, and they froth out the mouth only to garner votes. They've been echoing sentiments for decades and what has changed. But you keep pounding that war drum till your heart's content. Silly person you.
    Oh man, say it aint so. Are you sure it's him? He must have hired a ghost-writer or maybe he got a new 7th grade teacher to help him learn a bit of English and must have found some Zanax to calm him a bit. Holy crap, I said something halfway decent about that, uh, uh...

Please confirm and I'll edit my previous post.
  • alacrityalacrity Posts: 2,666 Captain
    Blue Zone wrote: »
    I'm one up on ya; three generations on my side down the tubes in Cuba, but let's not go there. Biminiwall makes a good point.

coño, somos hermanos! carajo! :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

wait, i got all of you beat, por mucho. mine left spain for a short stint (30 years) in st augustine and left a well known house there and went to cuba circa 1800, developed some wealth and then it was stolen in one fell swoop.

so you think biminiwall is cytranic. she's toned her caca down.

You are still failing to realize that all we are doing is echoing the Bimininites feelings.

i appreciate what you are doing. that's great. but did you take a poll of biminites to see if a majority are in favor or against the proposed development?

• saltyseniorsaltysenior Posts: 868 Officer
    alacrity wrote: »
    i appreciate what you are doing. that's great. but did you take a poll of biminites to see if a majority are in favor or against the proposed development?

what do youse guys think the younger generation of Biminites want???....When the wind blows from the west and they hear and smell Miami and see the sky lit up 60 miles away, I'm sure they want a piece of that type of action right in their back yard....
  • Klsum13Klsum13 Posts: 9 Greenhorn

there was a survey of Biminites conducted for RW Bimini's EIA:
    http://www.tribune242.com/news/2013/oct/25/23-of-biminites-dont-want-more-visitor-arrivals/
  • BiminiwallBiminiwall Posts: 79 Deckhand

The proposed peir is very much opposed among the Bimini people. Overall the Bimini people want new opportunities, I never suggested that they didn't. The BBC and others are not against development overall, we just think there are better options on the table.

To directly answer your question, I think any poll results would be skewed as a result of biminites being afraid to speak out.

I'm sorry, I'm not who you think I am.
    Klsum13 wrote: »
    there was a survey of Biminites conducted for RW Bimini's EIA:
    http://www.tribune242.com/news/2013/oct/25/23-of-biminites-dont-want-more-visitor-arrivals/

Thanks I knew there was a poll, but I couldn't find it and didn't want to say something without a source..

So yes according to the article, 64% of Biminites think tourism should remain the same.
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,858 Admiral
    Sap. Biminiwall is NOtHING like Cytranic. You know it so stop. Alacrity, I like a lot of what you post here, sports, etc.. But on this subject you flip flop a lot on your posts because maybe you don't like Ron or whoever so you disagree with them then totally agree with what they are saying later on in another post you make. I'm not going to do it but research your past posts and you will see what I am talking about
    The proposed peir is very much opposed among the Bimini people. Overall the Bimini people want new opportunities, I never suggested that they didn't. The BBC and others are not against development overall, we just think there are better options on the table.

To directly answer your question, I think any poll results would be skewed as a result of biminites being afraid to speak out.

I'm sorry, I'm not who you think I am.

the poll in the EIA is obviously not scientific and probably not accurate. i would not be surprised, however, if there is more than tepid support for this project and there is probably fear among biminites if they speak up in favor of the project. the fear likely works both ways.

in any event, in an earlier post i suggested that the smarter move i(to full force opposition) s to develop other alternatives to bring some economic prosperity to biminities rather than this plan which seems very short sighted to me.

not sure that the people in charge of protecting biminities and their resources have this in mind or are working on such an alternative. in my experience, when forces like genting and the politicians unite it is difficult to stop them from doing what they want.

2amigo wrote: »
    Sap. Biminiwall is NOtHING like Cytranic. You know it so stop. Alacrity, I like a lot of what you post here, sports, etc.. But on this subject you flip flop a lot on your posts because maybe you don't like Ron or whoever so you disagree with them then totally agree with what they are saying later on in another post you make. I'm not going to do it but research your past posts and you will see what I am talking about

ive been real clear on my opposition to the project. ive been real clear on my call to find alternative plans to bring some economic prosperity to biminities. since you probably have never been poor and with no hope, you might not understand that anything today is better than the status quo. that is what i see happening.

i've also been very clear that it is rather hypocritical for people like ron to try to dictate to biminities what they should do with their country. and he claims to speak for them with great authority and unanimity. he claims to know what is best for them. that's rather arrogant and imperialistic. that is my fundamental disagreement with ron and his crowd, in addition to the fact that he is a racist. he also blames cubans in miami for ruining bimini by developing ruining bimini bay. i dislike that place also (and ive been clear in that also) but i blame the people in charge of protecting bimini's resources and not the end users.

cytranic was the same caca, plus he was a hypocrite for publicly supporting certain projects on this forum (when in fact he was against them) only because he was promised work (money). when the work (money) did not arrive, he changed his tune.

i hope this clears up my position.

ive been real clear on my opposition to the project. ive been real clear on my call to find alternative plans to bring some economic prosperity to biminities. since you probably have never been poor and with no hope, you might not understand that anything today is better than the status quo. that is what i see happening.

i've also been very clear that it is rather hypocritical for people like ron to try to dictate to biminities what they should do with their country. and he claims to speak for them with great authority and unanimity. he claims to know what is best for them. that's rather arrogant and imperialistic. that is my fundamental disagreement with ron and his crowd, in addition to the fact that he is a racist. he also blames cubans in miami for ruining bimini by developing ruining bimini bay. i dislike that place also (and ive been clear in that also) but i blame the people in charge of protecting bimini's resources and not the end users.

cytranic was the same caca, plus he was a hypocrite for publicly supporting certain projects on this forum (when in fact he was against them) only because he was promised work (money). when the work (money) did not arrive, he changed his tune.

i hope this clears up my position.

I was also unsure of your position, thanks for clarifying
  • what do youse guys think the younger generation of Biminites want???....When the wind blows from the west and they hear and smell Miami and see the sky lit up 60 miles away, I'm sure they want a piece of that type of action right in their back yard....

Sorry Salty, that is not what the majority of young people on the Island want.

I can tell you that in my last few trips I made a point to talk to everyone I saw or met about the development and I found not one who wanted it! Scientific poll? Certainly not, but fact is fact, when you cant' find anyone who speaks for it, maybe you are on to something!