Apellate Court upholds Net Ban

LonghaulLonghaul Posts: 1,745 Officer
Check the CCA site guys, this judge Fulford got put in her place this afternoon. Power to the people.:wink

Replies

• Chester reports that it's a stay of her order. The appeal has yet to be heard. Don't celebrate too soon.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • LonghaulLonghaul Posts: 1,745 Officer
    The battle never ends.
  • harbisonharbison Posts: 3,401 Captain
    Gary, as usual, is correct. We must continue the fight!
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    At least it appears some sanity has temporarily reappeared... We must remain vigilant & keep up the pressure to keep these death traps out of our waterways !!!
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • Flatwater witchFlatwater witch Posts: 605 Officer
    There is no judicial precedent to this lowly circuit court ruling.
    Why did FWC suspend enforcing Florida law?
    Renagade69 wrote: »
    Either you are mechanically inclined ore your not. The fact you had to ask told me that you can not do it. Its ok, not every one has this ability. Some people just have to pay.
  • There is no judicial precedent to this lowly circuit court ruling.
    Why did FWC suspend enforcing Florida law?

4951122923_7db086db66_z.jpg

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    If this gets remanded for further proceedings by appellate court
    I'm sure your demonstrative skills will go a long way with teaching the trial judge
    What she got wrong the first time.
    Either you are mechanically inclined ore your not. The fact you had to ask told me that you can not do it. Its ok, not every one has this ability. Some people just have to pay.
  • Who, me? :grin

This judge has a personal sympathetic agenda in this issue and has demonstrated it last year when she heard this issue. This time instead of attacking it on an administrative level and remanding it to an administrate hearing , where it should be heard, she pursued it's constitutionality . She is developing a reputation of challenging the state and legislature, as a firebrand. http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20131024/OPINION05/310240066/

• She will eventually be shown for what she is.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • Sassy KSassy K Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    Looking forward to putting this vitally important issue to bed.

It will be good to get back to arguing about things like the tarpon sinkers. :)
    Read the Circuit Court order today.
    If I didn't know better,it reads like a mother's letter to her children, the mullet fishermen.
    It is personal to her.
    She ignores the plain meaning of the law and administrative rules and concludes anything other than a cast net is illegal.
    But, instead of stating FWC should enforce against all nets, she has decided to provide a pay day for the commercial netters.

Didn't see anything in the Order addressing the ethics of taking all female mullet out of the ecological system before they have given birth.
    It is the roe that is valuable. Thus kill them before procreation.

The do say north Florida is rural. Turn it up.....................

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=dueling+banjos+young+man+autistic&FORM=VIRE4#view=detail&mid=8908CAD87E640FA7A83D8908CAD87E640FA7A83D
  • Told ya.

• JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,302 Admiral
    There is a BIG fishing family with the name Fulford out of Cortez.... Generation after generation of them...

I have not found anything linking her to that family.....

But it just seems a little too ironic to me...
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,075 AG
    There is a BIG fishing family with the name Fulford out of Cortez.... Generation after generation of them...

Here ya go John, from a link Gary put up. Good read.
    http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20030714/NEWS/307140326

Oh, and Gary. :grin
    Mango Man wrote: »
    I don't think it will. There's alot of opposition and some questionable history on the judge.

It's become very quiet in here...

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,198 AG
    Don't bother me none
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    Mango Man wrote: »
    Here ya go John, from a link Gary put up. Good read.
    http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20030714/NEWS/307140326

Oh, and Gary. :grin

It's become very quiet in here...

I know some Fulfords... And Bells.... OR knew... They were not too nice to me in the early 1990's

Names don't mean much sometimes JB.

Any relation to you?http://www.sexoffenderrecord.com/directory/FL/C/Randall_Dale_Cone_865033:grin
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    I know some Fulfords... And Bells.... OR knew... They were not too nice to me in the early 1990's

I know Blue Fulford and his son Larry. Larry works capturing porpoises for various state and federal agencies, some are rescues.

They are stand up folks and if they didn't like you, well, that probably speaks volumes.
    ANUMBER1 wrote: »
    Names don't mean much sometimes JB.

Any relation to you?http://www.sexoffenderrecord.com/directory/FL/C/Randall_Dale_Cone_865033:grin

Actually he is... Distantly...
    I know Blue Fulford and his son Larry. Larry works capturing porpoises for various state and federal agencies, some are rescues.

They are stand up folks and if they didn't like you, well, that probably speaks volumes.

Never said they were not stand up guys... Or that the reason they were less than nice to me was not on me....
    Ok, I'll bite..
    Ok, I'll bite..

Bite what?
    And I do not know what your point was by posting that...

Thing is... With big old families in the South.... IF you take a name unless it is smith, jones, williams, etc. And pull a random person with that name out, chances are better than good that they are related.

You pull a Cone in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, or South Carolina in the last 300 years or so, and chances are good, no VERY GOOD, that I am related to them...

Heck the guy you pulled is not the only Cone that has been in trouble. Probably will not be the last.

Heck I have a relative that shot a man in broad daylight on a public street in Lake City. You have probably heard of him. He went on to be the 27th Governor of Florida.

The point is... I do not think anyone has looked hard... Yet... But I would bet money the Judge is related to the Cortez Fulfords. And that is nothing bad against them... Just her...
    Bite what?
    the reason they were not nice to you...
    the reason they were not nice to you...

Just net ban stuff.... I did not do anything dirty to them. Nor they me... It was just hard to remain friendly during that time.. Of course I did go way overboard with my SOS and ban the nets bumper stickers, etc ALL over my truck and boat.

I was in a club off of 347 seven miles from 24 during that time period. I used to like to go to town on Saturday night. Which meant Cedar Key. My Dad used to try very hard to get me not to go... Or at least not to go in my truck and not to go into the more local bars. Nothing ever happened up there.

Someone. (NOT the Fulfords, they were all above that) Did bust all my windows out at the boat ramp behind the tennis courts back behind the Holmes Beach Police Department.