Raymarine C140W Fish N Chip

CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
I have the above system with the Platinum +.. I'm told I'm showing the details from the fish N chip section. It's supposed to be on the card right? I only get contours out to 1000'.

I see things like
"Fish N Chip data is incorporated into Platinum, not Gold. It is now called Fishing Data. But in 2013 Navionics will have other options for this data.

Fishing Data is the ultimate enhancement to Platinum+ allowing saltwater anglers to quickly locate areas of interest not currently on the navigation chart. The chart content includes accurate high density contours and enriched depth sounding information with a high level of detail from shallow waters to offshore canyons.
"

Is this "other data" the "sonarcharts"?

Is this selected by choosing "FISH" vs "NAV" from the Raymarine menus?

Lastly it looks like the USB to CF reader is discontinued. Is there a replacement since a standard one won't read the card without messing them up?
I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
"“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "

Replies

• CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    hi. this is great
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • sharky12sharky12 Posts: 194 Deckhand
    CaptTater wrote: »
    hi. this is great

Hi Capt,
    yes the Fish N Chip layer is the "SonarChart layer". Currently our plotter parnters have not updated the software on the machines to properly change the name. That layer is evolving as more and more logs get uploaded and made into brand new one foot contours.

As far as the out to 1000 feet... That will be corrected soon. Not many people are able to really submit logs for that deep however we know its needed for swords, deep drop, etc.. so it is forth coming. just keep updating your chart with freshest data to get the latest. one option is to look at our web app. that will always show the latest changes.