i love rapalas

anejo22anejo22 Posts: 1,511 Officer
Had a short day of work today,and happened to be working by a canal off old boynton.let me back up a couple days,on saturday myself and a coworker fishing buddy gave griffen road h ell on saturday looking for peacocks,no luck got 6 largemouth,saw no peacocks,and had some snook take a look but no takers.my buddy has never caught a pea,on sunday he tried again around c14 got nuthing,that leads us to today.my plan was to fish a few mins and split,as i walk to the bank i see a peacock chase bait to the shore,holy crap 250 miles of driving and there right here.long story short i tie on a old school silver shiner he ties a white xrap,i end up with 3 peas and three large mouth fishing behind him,he got one small largemouth,poor dude cant win this week,im not feeling too bad hes got bigger rrd and snook than i this year.its good to see that many peacocks that far north again.that rapala kicks ***.

Replies

• superdupersuperduper Posts: 1,923 Captain
    those xraps are great for the freshwater. try the moss back shiner if you can find it. killer color.
  • anejo22anejo22 Posts: 1,511 Officer
    That original silver shiner shook its money maker twice as fast as the little xrap,it helped seeing we were bank fishing,i love the xrap also thats always tied on to one of my rods.
  • Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,282 Captain
    Sent 3 xrap14's to their grave tonight, another needs it's hooks replaced. Couldn't reach them with a bomber.
    daaaaamn, thats like 45 dollars worth of lures
  • Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,282 Captain
    superduper wrote: »
    daaaaamn, thats like 45 dollars worth of lures

You can't put a price on a good time, but you always pay for it. Lost a 2oz savage manic prey too. Xraps are some of the more cost effective plugs I use. They fly straight, track straight, and the 14's don't blow apart under 15lbs of drag like other plugs. Not sure how they managed to do that without a through-wire, but they're rediculously tough for a 12$ plug.
    dang, xrap 14 for 12 bucks? let me know where. im paying in that range for xr12's
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,391 Admiral
    dang, xrap 14 for 12 bucks? let me know where. im paying in that range for xr12's

I bought about 20 of them @ $3 a pop when the local sports authority got rid of their fishing tackle. :)
    shooty bizooty.

i got my only xr12 at kmart for 8 bucks. thought that was a deal but dang!
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,391 Admiral
    shooty bizooty.

i got my only xr12 at kmart for 8 bucks. thought that was a deal but dang!

these are the x14's...not the color I wanted but they still catch fish.
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    You can't put a price on a good time, but you always pay for it. Lost a 2oz savage manic prey too. Xraps are some of the more cost effective plugs I use. They fly straight, track straight, and the 14's don't blow apart under 15lbs of drag like other plugs. Not sure how they managed to do that without a through-wire, but they're rediculously tough for a 12$ plug.

that aint no joke.. for the price they are pretty durable.. i have several of the ghost white ones (i think thats the name of the color) that have been so battered and beaten that i had to just paint em white with appliance paint.. that was a couple few years ago i painted them and theyre still in my box catching fish to this day lol..

skitterwalks on the other hand arent so durable for some reason.. they have a great action.. but never stand up to more than about a dozen reds before they take on water..