Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Skunk.....

Not quite...but I could smell him from where I was...:wink

Here is a (nearly) sure fire way to insure you get skunked.

Start with staying out way late..... You young guys can do it at bars or your little girlfrinds apartment getting all spoony...
I did it by going gator hunting with my son....Fun time out in the marsh and we tagged out with our two but I wasn't home till the owls were hootin' and I was pretty tired since I didn't nap between my early AM fishing and the hunt.

Get a few hours sleep and wake up all disoriented....It's 7:20 AM... ugh...late. I need coffee....

Then, go to launch and realize...You left your SUNGLASSES at home...This happens about twice a year..Aw, ****!!..press on.....

Look at day old baits in well...look pretty poor...weak with red noses and tails..... press on....

Get out and wind is in full song..... easily pushing 20...and gusty....... press on

Get in what serves as a lee....water is crap and i am blind without my sunglasses....make a couple drifts...kill most of my crappy bait....

As the "last stand" I have three wigglers...Stake out and pitch the best one up to a shoreline that has had a fish or two....

So, I'M talking with a buddy on the phone when the only strike comes Yell " I'm on " and drop phone....nice Red but all hung up in the prop roots at the edge of the 'groves.... Work it out and it charges the boat and takes a wrap on the troller.... fast work into freespool...pull line off and reengage...Finally get it boatside...released. Whew...10:15...dead skunk...head for home.
There are many roads to travel
Many things to do.
Knots to be unraveled
'fore the darkness falls on you

Replies