Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Mosquito Lagoon Trip Advice

Hey guys, I'm from the North East section of the forum. Making a trip down to the Goon this week and was looking for the adress of a boat ramp to use. Kind of striking out using Google and such, the national park service web site is an absolute joke.

Aslo, any general fishing advice is always welcomed. I will be on a 17 flats boat that draws under a foot.

Replies

• SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    your best bet with a skiff would be beacon 42 boat ramp.. sets you in about the middle of the goon with good fishing in all directions..

i dont have a physical address but here are the gps coordinates.. N28 45.337 W80 45.933 .. its very easy to find, right off SR 3
  • NSByakNSByak Posts: 424 Officer
    Biolab ramp is also good, but very shallow. You have to pretty much run on plane right from the ramp, and its a dirt ramp but good entry into the south end of the lagoon. Its a couple of miles south of Haulover Canal
  • Gooner PyleGooner Pyle Posts: 188 Officer
    Haulover is a decent ramp as well. There's a $5 fee but you have easy access to both the ML & North IRL. There are no issues with water depth putting in there and it's a nice ramp.
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    NSByak wrote: »
    Biolab ramp is also good, but very shallow. You have to pretty much run on plane right from the ramp, and its a dirt ramp but good entry into the south end of the lagoon. Its a couple of miles south of Haulover Canal

its pretty deep... theres a "channel" right off the shoreline that runs north and south that runs into another "channel" with some makeshift markers.. the last time i launched there the water was somewhat down and i was on a boat that drafted almost 18" and we idled out past the flat.. didnt have to get on a plane.. yet everyone does.. think of all the wake erosion that flat suffers when everyone does that day after day ..
  • NSByakNSByak Posts: 424 Officer
    cbmdk86 wrote: »
    its pretty deep... theres a "channel" right off the shoreline that runs north and south that runs into another "channel" with some makeshift markers.. the last time i launched there the water was somewhat down and i was on a boat that drafted almost 18" and we idled out past the flat.. didnt have to get on a plane.. yet everyone does.. think of all the wake erosion that flat suffers when everyone does that day after day ..

This is true. Probably why the corner is always full of grass.