Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Playalinda 10-25

The word epic gets thrown around a lot. But today was every bit of an epic day. I started looking for bait at lot 1 and moved north in the search for fish and bait. I never found anything, between the wind, waves, low tide, and low light I figured I was SOL, but I started walking anyway. I saw what looked like bait like ripples in the water and made a cast. Crank, crank, crank, BANG, fish on, in came a nice Blue. Now when you catch a fish on the first cast of the day, things seem to go one of two ways. Option 1, thats all the action you get and you spend all day wondering **** is going on, or option 2, it turns into one of the days you never forget. Today was option 2. I never found any bait, but I found something even better. A school of reds that just swam around with in a 100 yard area well within casting distance. I lost count of how many fish I caught, it was RIDICULOUS, my bicep is actually bruised where the butt of my rod was at. There where some small fish, but most were plenty big to take a few minutes to land, the biggest being over 30" and maybe 10lbs? There were some Blues mixed in, and one small Jack, but mostly Reds. I can say without a doubt today will be one of those days I never forget. The only thing that could have made it better is if the dang wind wasn't honking so I could have thrown the flyrod at them. Hopefully tomorrow is just as good, but I would be amazed if it was, and I am ok with that. Because days like today make all the tough days worth all the time, and work.

Replies