fish finder help.

just wondering what battery you guys use for your fish finders on your yaks. i have a canoe with a 6 hp that doesn't have an electric hookup. i don't want to have a big heavy battery. any body have a sugestion?

Replies

• Lt.FireDogLt.FireDog Posts: 1,112 Officer
    Best for the money (IMHO)- Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170 $100 powered by 8AA rechargeable batteries. Simple and reliable dual-beam finder.
  • fieromanfieroman Posts: 230 Officer
    i already have a fishfinder just need a smaller battery as i used to have a trolling motor with a deep cycle but now i have a gas motor and don't have the room for a big battery
  • SaltysackSaltysack Posts: 463 Officer
    I don't know where you live, but there should be a Batteries Plus somewhere around. They have a battery fairly small that works perfectly. The brand is either Werker or Werken and they carry small 12v batteries. Depending on how much use you want in between charges will depend on the size. I have a 7.5amph battery that's around 2-3lbs. The smaller the amph the smaller the battery. My 7.5 will last me 3 10hr days of fishing between charges so you can definitely go smaller without sacrificing too much.
  • CooterBCooterB Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    Cabelas makes a sealed 12v battery that I use. Fits in one of those Walmart dry boxes. No problems yet.
  • lindalinda Posts: 130 Officer
    my friend using the battery from her cordless drill and says it works great. I just use the one that comes w/ the humminbird yak model
  • JagerschnappsJagerschnapps Posts: 102 Officer
    For anyone around North Miami there is a place called Power King Battery Sales close to Biscayne and 125st I bought my 7.5 amp hour battery there for 19.00. I believe Batteries plus charged me 30-40 bucks for the same size battery.
    Hobie Revolution, PA12