Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

Empty Box Trip with a Great Bonus

I stopped by the St. Andrews St. Park Pier this afternoon after work in hopes of seeing something to throw at. I stayed for a while and searched the water what seemed to be all the way around the pier. I did see some juvenile Pompano and a few that remained unidentified.

The water was golf course pond flat and as I made my way around the pier I ran into some other fishermen and bummed a shrimp from them to break up and tip my jig with in order to up my odds. I continued my search and as they were leaving they had the goodwill to stop and ask if I needed any more shrimp? We talked a minute or two and I came to realize that I was speaking to a brother member from this forum. I asked if he fished the other piers and he replied not often mostly they fish from his Contender...."""" I Know You"""".

Yep..I had the honor of meeting 85okhai.

I didn't see squat and the highlight of my short trip was running into him....and bumming a shrimp...live one too.

Thanks Man.

Replies

• stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 833 Officer
    Here lately the nearshore waters have been like a pond. The offshore waters a little bumpy.
    Sting
  • 85okhai85okhai Posts: 246 Officer
    It was a pleasure running into you and talking to you, when I pulled into the parking lot and saw all of your jigs in the back of your SUV and seeing the pompano sticker on the side I had a feeling that was you. From reading your reports I've always hoped to run into you out there just to be able to talk to you. Again, not a problem about the shrimp, always a pleasure to help out a fellow fisherman and forum member. Btw thanks for the pretty jig, I've never caught a pomp on a jig before and I'm determined to catch my first on your jig and With my busy school schedule I'll be out there alot more in between study sessions especially during this fall pompano run. And I'll make sure to say hey to you anytime I see you out there

Chris
    8aa18353-93c1-47d9-a69d-05a47ee5322c.jpg
  • 85okhai85okhai Posts: 246 Officer
    you also forgot to mention the turtle and cobia action :rotflmao
    8aa18353-93c1-47d9-a69d-05a47ee5322c.jpg
  • GarboGarbo Posts: 1,262 Officer
    85okhai wrote: »
    you also forgot to mention the turtle and cobia action :rotflmao

Yea....We saw some Cobia under a Turtle and tried to get them to eat a jig..without hooking the turtle, but nothing more than that. It was as cool day. Let's get back up in the next couple of weeks and I would like to see you catch your first Pompano on that jig.

BTW....You should have spoke up in the parking lot.....
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,210 Officer
    Well, how cool is that. That's what this forum is about......

Livin' the Dream !
  • anglingarchitectanglingarchitect Posts: 1,492 Officer
    Had an overnight Mango trip last Friday weather was amazing.

a few more pics.

IMGP0073_zps40c4b8b0.jpg

IMGP0072_zpsfa55165c.jpg

IMGP0071_zpsa950c797.jpg
    rent my beach house