2 mile tarpon tow (miami 10/19/13)

It sure feels good to be back! Today was my first day back from a 10 day trip up north. It was so hard to leave knowing the fish were chewing. Glad they were still on the chew today. Tarpon fishing on SoBe this morning was fast and furious, burned through the 6 mullet I netted on the beach in minutes. There wasn't much bait and nothing really on the bait that was there. Went 2 for something on poons, had the hook turn into my mullet twice. I was wondering how I was getting 5 or 6 bites in a row but kept pulling the bait out of their mouth!?!? Landed a little guy and fought a 100+ lber for over an hour before I got cut off on a rock. Hooked the fish between 4th and 5th, it pulled me down the beach, along and around the jetty and almost to the coast guard station. Heart breaking not to get a good pic with the beast, gotta settle for the leader touch.

On another note, there were tons of snook cruising the wash, but didn't seem to be hitting anything from what a buddy on the beach said. I saw 3 or 4 slot or bigger snook with my own eyes during the short time I was on the sand. Catch em up!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies