Proposed dredging (key west)

Red-ManRed-Man Posts: 331 Deckhand
Not sure if you guys have seen this. It's a shame to see what's happening to our ecosystem and natural resources. On a side note, would love to get down there and take a shot at some of those poons myself.
http://vimeo.com/m/59767477

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Replies

• Red-ManRed-Man Posts: 331 Deckhand
    Sorry. The link is http://vimeo.com/m/59767477

I dont know but the link is not showing up for some reason. Anyway...its on vimeo and its called "Silver Lining". Check it out.

• evergladeskid243evergladeskid243 Posts: 269 Officer
    Yeah good link. I watched this a while ago, deffinatly a real issue down there. Tourism pays the bills down there but i hate to see another amazing fishing ecosystem destroyed like they are doing to my beloved south indian river right now. These guys who made the vid are cool dudes and produce some awsome videos!
    Yeah, I enjoyed it. Thats got to be thrill...gin clear water and watching a tarpon inhale your fly...awesome. I'm not sure how old the video is or the issue on the dredging but any word on what the decision is? Is it still in limbo?

• sunflowersunflower Posts: 436 Deckhand
    The proposed dredging was voted down (no dredging) about 2 weeks ago.

Mark

grace finds goodness in everything ...

Thanks sunflower

• evergladeskid243evergladeskid243 Posts: 269 Officer
    yeah def gona get down there one day for the hatch. That shot in the beginning of the vid when that tarpoon calmly swims up and inhales that black fly right next to the skiff is SICK!!!
  • Carl BlackledgeCarl Blackledge Posts: 674 Officer
    Perhaps you guys should experience a worm hatch someday......On a good hatch you just might jump a few dozen Tarpon, let them run and jump a few times and break 'em off, retie and do it again. Its all about how many you can jump.

Carl
  • catch itcatch it Posts: 136 Officer
    If you're going to stick fish just for a jump...use wire hooks...they'll pull out when you're done. No need to leave a hook to fester.