Just did a complete DIY install with SeaDek.

wilgwilg Posts: 8 Greenhorn
SeaDek cuts like butter and it trims very easily with a router. I used a router table for the straight cuts and outside corners and a trim router for the inside curves. I had it on a gheenoe for 2 yrs with no problems at all, very stain resistant and no lifting anywhere. Very easy on the feet and quiets your boat so you don't spook the fish as easily. If your interested in doing this yourself, message me and I can help you.

[IMG][/img]4_zpsce13d3d3.jpg
[IMG][/img]10_zpse7aeabf0.jpg
[IMG][/img]_DSC5950_zps507b45e5.jpg
[IMG][/img]_DSC5809_zpsc67e33b0.jpg[IMG][/img]0026_DSC5994_zpsc937a46c.jpg
[IMG][/img]_DSC5986_zps0a95b154.jpg

Replies

• GitoaGitoa Posts: 63 Greenhorn
    That is some fine work!!
  • dmerryfielddmerryfield Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    Thank you for posting. I love the router idea. I've tried cuttuing pieces with a utility knife for my skiff and it is very difficult to have a consistent angle on the cuts. I'm going to experiment with this.
    Dave
  • wilgwilg Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    Thats Great, If you have any questions feel free to message me. There is a slideshow I created, it should be on seadeks website soon.
  • Vaca FritaVaca Frita Posts: 56 Greenhorn
    Daymmm that is nice work
  • finbullyfinbully Posts: 608 Officer
    You are another of the very talented on this fourm!
  • TapperTapper Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    What was the cost for material? You have renewed my hope in DIY Sea Dek!
    The 2 tone is a bout 20 to 25% more than the regular which is 140 a sheet. My boat took 4 sheets. I still have some left over for some misc things, lure holders, .......
  • JoshWJoshW Posts: 523 Officer
    Nice work! I think I am going to go this route on my SeaRay build in lieu of traditional non-skid. I am even thinking about using the thicker stuff for combing bolsters.
    It gives a nice cush and the combing bolsters are much thicker. Best of luck with your build.
  • CrockettCrockett Posts: 40 Deckhand
    Wilg, i love the seadek job! It looks great. I want to do same to my boat at some point. My 95 hewes has worn but existing nonskid. Do you think i would have to sand it down smooth before applying the seadek? Would it adhere to the nonskid? Her is a picture that might show my existing nonskid. Not sure if you can see it well...
    As long as you can get it clean you shouldnt have to sand it smooth. I would hit it with a 3m scotchbrite pad and then use some acetone to clean it before putting down the seadek. I have nonskid on my boat and the gheenoe I had done before without any problems adhering. Good luck and if you have any questions feel free..