Who,s going Red Snappering

2»

Replies

• goddfaddagoddfadda Posts: 111 Officer
    Thanks. I've got a few springs out west so the original plan was if we get skunked can hit them for AJ. Heading SW sure does get deep faster though... decisions decisions.

Tomorrow's actually starting to look pretty decent now. None of the upcoming days look "great" though :mad
  • ThePigskinCaptainThePigskinCaptain Posts: 390 Officer
    First two trips cancelled due to weather. Geeeeeee!

Yeah, I had two clients cancel for trips on Friday and today earlier in the week once they heard about TS Karen. Turns out that most likely we could have fished today. Hopefully Tuesday.
    Weather man had it at 1-2 footers for Wednesday. Now they are saying 3-4 footers. I might as well throw dice and go on that.

Planning on heading out tomorrow, only free day I have of this short season.
  • doubledupdoubledup Posts: 235 Officer
    We are heading out tomorrow also, looks like 2-3 till noon then 1-2 after that. Planning on running out to 160 ft then working our way in. Got about 75 pinfish in the cage so hopefully the weather holds. If it is rougher than expected we will go as deep as we can.
    Exactly the plan here, good luck!
  • Angler SystemsAngler Systems Posts: 919 Officer
    Work and weather have really got the best of me this short season. My last possible day is Sunday. Hope to see some reports Friday and Saturday. Good luck.
  • capeanglercapeangler Posts: 586 Officer
    doubledup wrote: »
    We are heading out tomorrow also, looks like 2-3 till noon then 1-2 after that. Planning on running out to 160 ft then working our way in. Got about 75 pinfish in the cage so hopefully the weather holds. If it is rougher than expected we will go as deep as we can.

Headed out tomorrow. How did you do?
    capeangler wrote: »
    Headed out tomorrow. How did you do?

We took a but whoppin but we ended up fishing our spots all the way out to 160 foot. Struck out on red snapper. We did good on grouper out to about 120 feet but once we got deeper than 120 the bite shut down for us. I don't think we caught a single keeper sized anything deeper than 120. We used live pin fish and a assortment of cut baits. Sucked to run that far in 3-4 footers and not catch a single ARS.
  • closerscottcloserscott Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    doubledup wrote: »
    We took a but whoppin but we ended up fishing our spots all the way out to 160 foot. Struck out on red snapper. We did good on grouper out to about 120 feet but once we got deeper than 120 the bite shut down for us. I don't think we caught a single keeper sized anything deeper than 120. We used live pin fish and a assortment of cut baits. Sucked to run that far in 3-4 footers and not catch a single ARS.

Same here. Ran out to ARS number to 140 and goose eggs w just one ARS undersized. Went back in to 75 ft and crushed the Rg. A lot of fuel burned to get the stay close to beach lesson.
  • capeanglercapeangler Posts: 586 Officer
    Boat's fueled up and we're loading and leaving 5AM...headed to numbers in 162-165'. Plan is to fish that area until we limit on ARS & GAGs; hopefully catch some Mangs, than head back in to 90' to top the grouper limit off with RG then head back in. That's the plan anyways.............we'll see what tomorrow brings. GL and be safe everyone.
    Cape-How did you end up doing?
2»